BluePrint BP3834CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
350 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 cu. in. Engine Displacement
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 383 Base Engine - Aluminum Heads - Flat Tappet Cam
- HP & Torque: 420 HP / 450 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Aluminum Heads
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP3834CT1
- 4 bolt main 1pc rear seal block w/Passenger side dipstick only
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Flat top hypereutetic pistons
- Chevy heavy beam rods with 150,000 psi bolts
- Hastings Moly rings
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Hydraulic flat tappet camshaft
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- BluePrint Performance aluminium
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- BP Aluminum Part# H8002K
- 34 degrees total at 3500 RPM
- New chrome valve covers
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
- 30 month / 50,000 mile
This engine requires a 400ci weighted harmonic balancer, and late 350ci weighted flexplate/flywheel.BluePrint Engines recommends a 2000- 2400 rpm stall converter.
Warranty Information (PDF)
NotesZinc Additive Required For Flat Tappet Application, Recommended Oil For Your BluePrint Crate Engine: 10W30, Non-Synthetic. Not For EGR
More Like This
BluePrint BP3830CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP35512CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP38301CT GM 383 Base Engine, Stock Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP38302CT GM 383 Base Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3832CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3830CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP38313CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP38316CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP3550CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP35511CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In part 2, you will read about the Generation 4 small block series of V8s that share the same platform as the Generation 3 discussed in part 1.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.