BluePrint BP3834CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
350 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 cu. in. Engine Displacement
- Has 34 degrees total at 3500 RPM
- Comes with a new cast steel crankshaft
- Cylinder heads have hardened retainers and springs
- This 383 C.I.D. engine puts out an astonishing 420 HP / 450 FT LBS.
- The cylinders are honed on a computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 383 Base Engine - Aluminum Heads - Flat Tappet Cam
- HP & Torque: 420 HP / 450 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Aluminum Heads
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP3834CT1
- 4 bolt main 1pc rear seal block w/Passenger side dipstick only
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Flat top hypereutetic pistons
- Chevy heavy beam rods with 150,000 psi bolts
- Hastings Moly rings
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Hydraulic flat tappet camshaft
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- BluePrint Performance aluminium
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- BP Aluminum Part# H8002K
- 34 degrees total at 3500 RPM
- New chrome valve covers
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
- 30 month / 50,000 mile
This engine requires a 400ci weighted harmonic balancer, and late 350ci weighted flexplate/flywheel.BluePrint Engines recommends a 2000- 2400 rpm stall converter.
Warranty Information (PDF)
NotesZinc Additive Required For Flat Tappet Application, Recommended Oil For Your BluePrint Crate Engine: 10W30, Non-Synthetic. Not For EGR
More Like This
BluePrint BP3834CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3830CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP38313CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP3830CTC1S GM 383 Dressed Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP38313CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP38313CTF1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35513CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP3961CT GM 396 SBC Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP3833CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Vortec Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35513CTF1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.