BluePrint BP38316CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 30 business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 383 Base Engine - Aluminum Heads - Roller Cam - POWER ADDER
- HP & Torque: 440 HP / 445 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
- Forged Pistons
- Forged Crank
- Part #: BP38316CT1
- 4 Bolt main
- 1 piece rear main seal
- Passenger side dipstick
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New forged crankshaft
- 3.75" stroke Forged pistons
- Forged rods with 150,000 PSI bolts
- Hastings moly rings
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Hydraulic roller cam
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- BluePrint Performance aluminium
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- BP Aluminum Part# H8002K
- Roller, .536 Intake
- .555 Exhaust
- 224 Intake / 236 Exhaust duration @ .050
- 113 degree lobe separation
- 34 degrees total (at 3500 RPM)
- New valve covers
- Oil pan and timing cover
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno tested - shipped with results
This engine requires a non-weighted 8" harmonic balancer, and late 350ci weighted flexplate/flywheel.Please see Recommended Add On's page for additional parts.**Engine was designed as a Power Adder.The HP and Torque numbers came from us dyno testing with a 750cfm carb*A bronze distributor gear is NOT recommended on this engineNot for use in pollution controlled vehicles.
Warranty Information (PDF)
NotesPower Adder engine. If a double keyway crank is required, the engine wil have to be special built. Recommended oil for your BluePrint Crate Engine: 10W30, Non-Synthetic, Not for EGR
More Like This
BluePrint BP3834CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP38313CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP4003CT1 GM 400, Base Engine, Alum Heads- Roller Cam
BluePrint BP3961CT GM 396 SBC Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP4002CT1 GM 400, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP4001CT1 GM 400, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35512CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint PS4541CT Chevy 454 Pro Series, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35513CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP4962CT GM 496 Stroker, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
Speedway Motors Product Manager Jeff K. talks about how to really make your engine bay stand out from the crowd with just a little patience, and some Speedway products.
Tired of pulling your breather to pour oil in your system? We've got you covered.