BluePrint BP38313CTF1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
350 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 Chevy Small Block V8, Long Block Crate Engine Type
- Has all aluminum heads and roller cams
- Rotating assembly comes with Chevy heavy beam rods with 150,000 psi bolts
- This engine puts out an impressive 430 horsepower and 450 ft. lb. of torque
- Includes a 4 bolt main 1pc rear seal block with passenger side dipstick only
- The cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 383 Dressed Engine - Aluminum Heads - Roller Cam
- HP & Torque: 430 HP / 450 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Aluminum Heads
- Roller Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP38313CTF1
- 4 bolt main 1pc rear seal block w/Passenger side dipstick only
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Hypereutetic pistons
- Chevy heavy beam rods with 150,000 psi bolts
- Hastings Moly rings
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Roller camshaft
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- BluePrint Performance aluminium
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- BP Aluminum Head Part# H8002K
- Cam Type: Roller
- .528 Intake .536 Exhaust
- 221 Intake / 226 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 110 degree lobe separation
- 34 degrees total at 3500 RPM
- Aluminum intake manifold
- Fast EZ EFI Injection system
- Valve covers, Oil Pan and Timing Cover
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno tested “ and shipped with results
Recommended spark plugs are Champion 792 with .045" gap Not for use in pollution controlled vehicles.
Warranty Information (PDF)
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 90 business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.