BluePrint BP38313CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
- Has 34 degrees of ignition timing at 3500 RPM
- Cylinder heads have hardened retainers and springs
- Features a new cast steel crankshaft and hypereutectic pistons
- This 383 cu. in. Engine produces 430 horsepower and 450 ft./lbs. Of torque
- The cylinders are honed on a computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 383 Base Engine - Aluminum Heads - Roller Cam
- HP & Torque: 430 HP / 450 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Aluminum Heads
- Roller Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP38313CT1
- 4 Bolt main
- 1 piece rear main seal
- Passenger side dipstick
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Hypereutectic pistons
- Chevy heavy beam rods with 150,000 PSI bolts
- Hastings moly rings
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Hydraulic roller cam
- Heavy duty timing set
- BluePrint Performance aluminium
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- BP Aluminum Head Part# H8002K
- Cam Type: Roller
- .528 Intake
- .536 Exhaust
- 221 Intake / 226 Exhaust duration
- @.050 - 110 degree lobe separation
- 34 degrees at 3500 RPM
- New valve covers, oil pan and timing cover
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
- 30 month / 50,000 mile
Picture shown with optional tall, perimeter bolt valve covers.This engine requires a 400ci weighted harmonic balancer, and late 350ci weighted flexplate/flywheel.BluePrint Engines recommends a 2000-2400 rpm stall converter. Not for use in pollution controlled vehicles.
Warranty Information (PDF)
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.