BluePrint BP3830CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
383 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 cu. in. Engine Displacement, Long Block Crate Engine Type
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 383 Base Engine - Cast Iron Vortec Heads - Flat Tappet Cam
- HP & Torque: 405 HP / 440 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Cast Iron Heads
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP3830CT1
- 4 bolt main 1pc rear seal block w/Passenger side dipstick only
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Hypereutetic pistons
- Chevy heavy beam rods with 150,000 psi bolts
- Hastings Moly rings
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Flat tappet hydraulic lifter camshaft
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- Cast iron Vortec heads
- 1.25 diameter valve springs
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- 1.5 long slot, stamped steel rockers
- Hardened push rods
- Cam Type: Flat Tappet
- .487 Intake .503 Exhaust
- 234 Intake / 244 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 112 degree lobe separation
- 34 Degrees Total at 3500 RPM
- Aluminum intake manifold
- New chrome valve covers
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
- Warranty Information (PDF)
This engine requires a 400ci weighted harmonic balancer, and late 350ci weighted flexplate/flywheel.BluePrint Engines recommends a 2000- 2400 rpm stall converter. Not for use in pollution controlled vehicles.
NotesThis engine requires a 400ci weighted harmonic balancer, and late 350ci weighted flexplate/flywheel.
Warranty Information (PDF)
NotesZinc Additive Required For Flat Tappet Application, Recommended Oil For Your BluePrint Crate Engine: 10W30, Non-Synthetic. Not For EGR
More Like This
BluePrint 383 Small Block Chevy Crate Engine
BluePrint 383 Small Block Chevy Roller Crate Engine
BluePrint BP3830CTC1S GM 383 Dressed Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3834CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3834CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint MBP3830CTC GM 383 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint MBP3830CT GM 383 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint BP38301CT GM 383 Base Engine, Stock Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP38302CT GM 383 Base Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3832CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
We offer up a little history and some of the specifications of the venerable Small Block Chevrolet V8 engine.
A brief overview of the location of small block Chevy's ID stamping, as well as links to decode your motors' history.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
The steps of a repaint/restoration project on a 496 Blueprint crate engine. Jeff K. talks about how he went from a Chevelle 283 to a garage sale 496 Blueprint.