BluePrint BP3830CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
350 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 Chevy Small Block V8, Long Block Crate Engine Type
- 4 bolt main 1pc rear seal block
- Cylinder heads have hardened retainers and springs
- Features a new cast steel crankshaft and hypereutectic pistons
- This GM 383 base engine produces 405 horsepower and 440 ft./lbs. Of torque
- The cylinders are honed on a computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 383 Base Engine - Cast Iron Vortec Heads - Flat Tappet Cam
- HP & Torque: 405 HP / 440 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Cast Iron Heads
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP3830CT1
- 4 bolt main 1pc rear seal block w/Passenger side dipstick only
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Hypereutetic pistons
- Chevy heavy beam rods with 150,000 psi bolts
- Hastings Moly rings
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Flat tappet hydraulic lifter camshaft
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- Cast iron Vortec heads
- 1.25 diameter valve springs
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- 1.5 long slot, stamped steel rockers
- Hardened push rods
- Cam Type: Flat Tappet
- .487 Intake .503 Exhaust
- 234 Intake / 244 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 112 degree lobe separation
- 34 Degrees Total at 3500 RPM
- Aluminum intake manifold
- New chrome valve covers
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
- Warranty Information (PDF)
This engine requires a 400ci weighted harmonic balancer, and late 350ci weighted flexplate/flywheel.BluePrint Engines recommends a 2000- 2400 rpm stall converter. Not for use in pollution controlled vehicles.
NotesThis engine requires a 400ci weighted harmonic balancer, and late 350ci weighted flexplate/flywheel.
Warranty Information (PDF)
NotesZinc Additive Required For Flat Tappet Application, Recommended Oil For Your BluePrint Crate Engine: 10W30, Non-Synthetic. Not For EGR
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
Decode small block Chevy engine suffix codes with our SBC casting number guide. Learn how to find and decipher your Chevy motor's serial stamping code.
Learn the firing order of a small block chevy. Our guide covers popular SBC V8 Torque specifications so you can be sure you're getting peak performance.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.