BluePrint BP38302CT GM 383 Base Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
350 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 cu. in. Engine Displacement
GM 383 Base Engine for Throttle Body Trucks/ SUV's 1986 - 1995 - Cast Iron Heads - Flat Tappet Cam
- HP & Torque: TBI - 315 HP / 415 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Cast Iron Heads
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP38302CT
- 4 bolt main block bored .040 over
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Hypereutetic pistons
- GM heavy beam rods with 150,000 psi bolts
- Hastings Moly rings
- Rotating assembly balanced to within 2 grams
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Flat tappet hydraulic lifter camshaft
- Double roller timing chain
- New cast iron heads
- 1.25 diameter valve springs
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- Hardened push rods
- HP long slot rockers
- 3 angle valve job
- Cam Type: Flat Tappet
- .480 Intake .480 Exhaust
- 210 Intake / 220 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 112 degree lobe separation
- Set at manufacturer specifications
- TBI dual plane
- Custom programmed ECM specific for your application
- Timing cover
- Oil pan
- Valve covers
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno tested “ and shipped with results
- 30 month / 50,000 mile
NotesThis engine requires a 400ci weighted harmonic balancer, and late 350ci weighted flexplate/flywheel.When ordering this engine BluePrint Engines will also need you PROM and Service numbers from your vehicle.This engine was designed to run with all stock engine components such as throttle body, fuel pump etc.
Warranty Information (PDF)
NotesChip included with engine purchase. BluePrint needs year, make, model, vehicle modifications, service number and prom code from customer. Zinc Additive Required For Flat Tappet Application, Recommended Oil For Your BluePrint Crate Engine: 10W30, Non-Synt
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 30 business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
BluePrint BP3834CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3830CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint 383 Small Block Chevy Roller Crate Engine
BluePrint BP35513CTC1 GM 355 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35513CTF1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP38313CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP38313CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP38318SP GM 383 Short Block Plus Crate Engine, Cast Steel Crank
BluePrint BP38321SP GM 383 Short Block Plus Crate Engine, Forged Crank
BluePrint BP3833CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Vortec Heads, Roller Cam
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.