BluePrint BP38302CT GM 383 Base Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
GM 383 Base Engine for Throttle Body Trucks/ SUV's 1986 - 1995 - Cast Iron Heads - Flat Tappet Cam
- HP & Torque: TBI - 315 HP / 415 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Cast Iron Heads
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP38302CT
- 4 bolt main block bored .040 over
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Hypereutetic pistons
- GM heavy beam rods with 150,000 psi bolts
- Hastings Moly rings
- Rotating assembly balanced to within 2 grams
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Flat tappet hydraulic lifter camshaft
- Double roller timing chain
- New cast iron heads
- 1.25 diameter valve springs
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- Hardened push rods
- HP long slot rockers
- 3 angle valve job
- Cam Type: Flat Tappet
- .480 Intake .480 Exhaust
- 210 Intake / 220 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 112 degree lobe separation
- Set at manufacturer specifications
- TBI dual plane
- Custom programmed ECM specific for your application
- Timing cover
- Oil pan
- Valve covers
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno tested “ and shipped with results
- 30 month / 50,000 mile
NotesThis engine requires a 400ci weighted harmonic balancer, and late 350ci weighted flexplate/flywheel.When ordering this engine BluePrint Engines will also need you PROM and Service numbers from your vehicle.This engine was designed to run with all stock engine components such as throttle body, fuel pump etc.
Warranty Information (PDF)
NotesChip included with engine purchase. BluePrint needs year, make, model, vehicle modifications, service number and prom code from customer. Zinc Additive Required For Flat Tappet Application, Recommended Oil For Your BluePrint Crate Engine: 10W30, Non-Synt
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.