BluePrint BP3550CTC1 GM 355 Dressed Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
GM 355 Dressed Engine - Vortec Heads - Flat Tappet Cam - 1pc RMS
- HP & Torque: 385 HP / 405 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Cast Iron Heads
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP3550CTC1
- 4-bolt main, 1-piece rear main seal
- Passenger side dipstick
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- Premium cast steel crankshaft
- Chevy heavy beam rods
- Keith Black Hypereutetic pistons
- Hastings Moly rings
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Flat tappet hydraulic lifter camshaft
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- Cast iron "Vortec" cylinder heads
- 1.25 diameter valve springs
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- 1.5 long slot, stamped steel rockers
- Hardened push rods
- Cam Type: Flat Tappet
- .480 Intake .486 Exhaust
- 224 Intake / 230 Exhaust duration
- @ .050
- 34 degrees at 3500 RPM
- Aluminum intake manifold
- 750 cfm carburetor
- HEI distributor
- Harmonic balancer
- Fuel pump
- Water pump
- BluePrint plug wires
- Spark plugs
- Chrome valve covers
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno tested “ and shipped with results
- 30 month / 50,000 mile
NotesBluePrint Engines recommends 91 Octane for this engine and a 1800-2200 RPM stall converter. Not for use in pollution controlled vehicles.
Warranty Information (PDF)
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- This item 227BP3550CTC1 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
More Like This
BluePrint 496 Stroker Longblock, Aluminum Heads, Power Adder
BluePrint 540 ProSeries Stroker Longblock, Power Adder
BluePrint 632 ProSeries Stroker Longblock, Fuel Injected
BluePrint 376 LS3 Longblock, Aluminum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint 350 Chevy Dressed Longblock with Carburetor, Pulley Kit
BluePrint 383, Dressed, Aluminum Heads, Roller Cam, 87 Octane
BluePrint 598 ProSeries Stroker Shortblock, Standard Deck
BluePrint PSM5400CTC1 Chevy 540 Pro Series Marine, Dressed Engine, Alum Heads
BluePrint MBP3830CT GM 383 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint BP3550CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.