BluePrint BP3550CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
350 Chevy Small Block V8, 355 cu. in. Engine Displacement, Long Block Crate Engine Type
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 30 business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 355 Base Engine - Cast Iron Vortec Heads - Flat Tappet Cam - 1pc RMS
- HP & Torque: 385 HP / 405 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Cast Iron Heads
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP3550CT1
- 4-bolt main 1-piece rear seal block
- (w/passenger side dipstick only)
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested
- Cast iron crankshaft
- Keith Black hypereutectic pistons
- Chevy heavy beam rods with 150,000 psi bolts
- Hastings Moly rings
- Balanced rotating assemby
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Flat tappet hydraulic lifter camshaft
- Heavy Duty double roller timing set
- Cast iron "vortec" heads
- 1.25 diameter valve springs
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- 1.5 long slot, stamped steel rockers
- Hardened push rods
- Cam Type: Flat Tappet
- .480 Intake .486 Exhaust
- 224 Intake / 230 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 112 degree lobe separation
- 34 degrees total at 3500 rpm
- Professional Products dual plane satin finish intake manifold
- New chrome valve covers
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
- Warranty Information (PDF)
BluePrint Engines recommends 91 Octane for this engine and a 1800-2200 RPM stall converter.
Warranty Information (PDF)
NotesZinc Additive Required For Flat Tappet Application, Recommended Oil For Your BluePrint Crate Engine: 10W30, Non-Synthetic. Not For EGR
More Like This
BluePrint BP35511CTC1 GM 355 Dressed Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP35512CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3550CTC1 GM 355 Dressed Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP35511CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Cast Iron Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP35512CTC1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP35513CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35511 GM 355 Shortblock Crate Engine, Cast Crank
BluePrint BP3834 GM 383 Stroker Shortblock Crate Engine, Cast Crank
BluePrint Budget 355 Crate Engine
BluePrint BP35513CTC1 GM 355 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
The steps of a repaint/restoration project on a 496 Blueprint crate engine. Jeff K. talks about how he went from a Chevelle 283 to a garage sale 496 Blueprint.
In this Tech Tip, John gets to answer a favorite question of ours, what engine should I get?
Questions about what you will need for your fuel sytstem? Click here!