BluePrint BP3550CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
350 Chevy Small Block V8, 355 cu. in. Engine Displacement, Long Block Crate Engine Type
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
GM 355 Base Engine - Cast Iron Vortec Heads - Flat Tappet Cam - 1pc RMS
- HP & Torque: 385 HP / 405 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Cast Iron Heads
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP3550CT1
- 4-bolt main 1-piece rear seal block
- (w/passenger side dipstick only)
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested
- Cast iron crankshaft
- Keith Black hypereutectic pistons
- Chevy heavy beam rods with 150,000 psi bolts
- Hastings Moly rings
- Balanced rotating assemby
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Flat tappet hydraulic lifter camshaft
- Heavy Duty double roller timing set
- Cast iron "vortec" heads
- 1.25 diameter valve springs
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- 1.5 long slot, stamped steel rockers
- Hardened push rods
- Cam Type: Flat Tappet
- .480 Intake .486 Exhaust
- 224 Intake / 230 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 112 degree lobe separation
- 34 degrees total at 3500 rpm
- Professional Products dual plane satin finish intake manifold
- New chrome valve covers
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
- Warranty Information (PDF)
BluePrint Engines recommends 91 Octane for this engine and a 1800-2200 RPM stall converter.
Warranty Information (PDF)
NotesZinc Additive Required For Flat Tappet Application, Recommended Oil For Your BluePrint Crate Engine: 10W30, Non-Synthetic. Not For EGR
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
BluePrint BP35513CTC1 GM 355 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35513CTF1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35513CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35511 GM 355 Shortblock Crate Engine, Cast Crank
BluePrint BP3834 GM 383 Stroker Shortblock Crate Engine, Cast Crank
BluePrint Budget 355 Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19355815 SBC Ram Jet 350 Crate Engine, 345 HP
Chevrolet Performance 19210007 SBC 350/330 HP Long Block Crate Engine
GM 12681429 Replacement Base Truck 350/5.7 Crate Engine
Chevrolet Performance 19355658 SBC 350/290 HP LB Crate Engine
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.