BluePrint BP3472CT Ford 347 Stroker, Base Engine, Cast Iron Heads
Ford 347 Stroker - Base Engine - Cast Iron Heads - Flat Tappet Cam
- HP & Torque: 330 HP / 380 FT LBS
- Cast Iron Heads
- Flat Tappet Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BP3472CT
- Hand picked seasoned blocks bored .040 over
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Forged I beam rods
- Hypereutectic pistons
- Hastings Moly rings
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Flat tappet hydraulic lifter camshaft
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- Modified Ford cast iron heads
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 1.94 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- Hardened push rods
- Cam Type: Flat Tappet
- .496 Intake .520 Exhaust
- 224 Intake / 234 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 110 degree lobe separation
- 34 degrees total at 3500 rpm
- Dual plane satin aluminum intake manifold
- Chrome steel valve covers
- Painted oil pan
- Brass freeze plugs
- Dyno test results shipped with engine
- 30 month / 50,000 mile
NotesThis engine requires a 28oz weighted harmonic balancer, and 28oz weighted flexplate/flywheel.BluePrint Engines recommends a 1800- 2200 rpm stall converter.Firing order for this engine is 1,3,7,2,6,5,4,8 Not for use in pollution controlled vehicles.
Warranty Information (PDF)
NotesZinc Additive Required For Flat Tappet Application, Recommended Oil For Your BluePrint Crate Engine: 10W30, Non-Synthetic. Not for EGR
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.