BluePrint 302 Ford Hot Rod Crate Engine Kit, MSD Atomic EFI
Deluxe Crate Engine Crate Engine Type, 302 cu. in. Engine Displacement, 9.6:1 Compression Ratio
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
BluePrint 302 Ford Hot Rod Crate Engine
Need a new engine for your Blue Oval ride? This Speedway exclusive crate motor will work great in your street rod or classic pickup truck. Machined and assembled at BluePrint Engines, each engine is dyno tested and includes the dyno sheet. Has a 30 month/50,000 mile manufacturer's warranty.
- 300+ Horsepower at 5300
- 320+ ft-lbs at 3800
- Handpicked .040" over-seasoned 1986-1995 block
- Squared and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders computer honed to within.0002"
- Cylinders sonic tested
- Brass freeze plugs
- 9.6-1 compression ratio
- Premium cast 2MAE crankshaft - ground 10/10
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Harmonic balancer
- Melling hi-volume oil pump
- Chrome front sump oil pan
- Hyd. Roller camshaft .543 int./.554 exh. lift, 218 int./226 exh. duration at .050, 112° lobe separation
- H.D. double roller timing chain
- Timing cover w/ dipstick hole
- Modified Ford E7TE cast iron heads
- 1.94" swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60" swirl polished exhaust valves
- Hardened retainers and springs
- Hardened pushrods
- Aluminum valve covers and breathers
- Polished aluminum dual-plane 4bbl intake manifold
- Distributor installed and timing set
- Automatic transmission 157 tooth flexplate included (not installed)
Atomic EFI Throttle Body Master Kit
Install Saturday Morning, Make the Cruise Saturday Night with the Atomic Master kit. The Atomic EFI outshines the competition in ease of installation and performance! The MSD annular ring injection design produces an air/fuel charge with much better mixture as well as an even distribution among the cylinders that the competition cannot match. Better AFRs equal better idle quality, better starting, and better overall drivability throughout the rpm range. You and your engine will be glad when you Go Atomic.
This is the complete kit for anyone planning to convert from a carburetor to Atomic EFI. You get the Throttle Body, Power Module (with Wide Band O2 sensor), Handheld Controller, and the Standard Fuel Kit for up to 525hp (at the crank).
- Bolts to standard 4 barrel intake manifold
- 8 wire connection installation
- Replaces standard square bore carburetor
- Controls ignition timing
- Integrated ECU and sensors
- Single fuel line
- No Laptop required
Moroso Spark Plug Wires, HEI Cap
If you have ever tried to put plug wires together yourself, you know how frustrating it can be. These pre-assembled Moroso 8mm spiral core wires are fiberglass reinforced with a silicone outer layer. Wires have 90° boots on both ends. Available in red or black for small block Chevy.
Plug Wire Lengths Included:
- 37-7/8" x 1
- 37" x 2
- 35-1/2" x 1
- 33" x 1
- 29-5/5" x 1
- 27-3/4" x 2
GM HEI Distributor Wiring Pigtail Connector
This wiring pigtail features a dual HEI connector that helps clean up your engine bay by eliminating the use of single spade connectors to make battery and tachometer connections. 10 inch long wires that are red and green to identify battery and tachometer.
- 10-inch length
- Red and green wires to identify battery and tach leads
Learn more about these crate engines by reading our article, "Building a Better SBF" as featured in Custom Classic Trucks Magazine.
What's In The Kit
BluePrint 302 Ford Hot Rod Crate Engine w/Front Sump PanPart # 9153200Qty x 1
Atomic EFI Throttle Body Master KitPart # 5472900Qty x 1
Moroso Ready to Install Plug Wires HEI/Under Header/BlkPart # 91064310-BLKQty x 1
GM HEI Distributor Wiring Pigtail Connector, 10 InchPart # 91012343Qty x 1
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.