BluePrint 302 Ford Hot Rod Crate Engine Kit, Edelbrock 1406
Deluxe Crate Engine Crate Engine Type, 302 cu. in. Engine Displacement, 9.6:1 Compression Ratio
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
BluePrint Roller 347 Ford Engine
- 415 hp and 400 torque
- Hand picked seasoned 1986-1995 blocks bored .040 over
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002
- Cylinders are sonic tested for thickness
- New cast steel crankshaft with 3.400 stroke
- New rods with 150,000 psi bolts
- Hypereutectic pistons
- 10 to 1 compression
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Hydraulic roller camshaft
- .543 Intake / .554 exhaust & 218 intake / 226 exhaust duration @ .050 - 112 degree lobe separation
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- Aluminum, 58cc chamber cylinder heads
- Valve covers
- New HEI distributor
- Painted oil pan
- Brass freeze plugs
Edelbrock 1406 Performer 600 CFM 4 Barrel Carburetor
Edelbrock Performer Series 4 barrel carbs have proven themselves to be easy to tune with great drivability. Whether you need to replace an aging stock carb or are looking for a performance carb to top off your hot rod, this Edelbrock carb is the best choice for performance and value. All Edelbrock products are proudly made in the U.S.A.
CALIBRATED FOR FUEL ECONOMY
Designed for small-block and small displacement big-block engines, this four barrel carb is recommended only for stock to Performer level applications. They are not recommended for use on RPM or Torker II intake manifolds. Match with an Edelbrock Performer or Performer EPS manifold and other brands of similar design. Calibrated 2% leaner than #1405. Includes both timed and full vacuum ports for ignition advance. Comes with: Metering Jets Primary .098, Secondary .095; Metering Rods .075 x .047; Step-Up Spring yellow (4" Hg). Includes an electric choke and detailed instructions. Ford/Mopar throttle adapter arms sold separately.
- Easy to tune with great driveability
- 600 CFM
- Electric choke
Moroso Spark Plug Wires, HEI Cap
If you have ever tried to put plug wires together yourself, you know how frustrating it can be. These pre-assembled Moroso 8mm spiral core wires are fiberglass reinforced with a silicone outer layer. Wires have 90° boots on both ends.
Plug Wire Lengths Included:
- 37-7/8" x 1
- 37" x 2
- 35-1/2" x 1
- 33" x 1
- 29-5/5" x 1
- 27-3/4" x 2
GM HEI Distributor Wiring Pigtail Connector
This wiring pigtail features a dual HEI connector that helps clean up your engine bay by eliminating the use of single spade connectors to make battery and tachometer connections. 10 inch long wires that are red and green to identify battery and tachometer.
- 10-inch length
- Red and green wires to identify battery and tach leads
Dyno Sheet (PDF) (Note: This sheet represents one example engine. Your individual engine may differ slightly.)
- Comes with:
- Metering Jets - Primary .098, Secondary .095
- Metering Rods - .075 x .047
- Step-Up Spring - yellow (4" Hg)
- Electric choke
- Bolt-on-and-run performance right out of the box
- Smooth throttle response throughout the power band
- Lightweight all-aluminum body is compatible with gasohol and blended fuels
- Includes both timed and full vacuum ports for ignition advance
- Uses metering rods to transition between circuits - rods can be changed in seconds without carburetor removal or draining fuel
- Float levels are factory set; adjustments are rarely needed
- Change jets, adjust floats & replace needles/seats without draining fuel or removing carb
- Two-piece design means no gaskets below the fuel level for leak-free operation
What's In The Kit
BluePrint 302 Ford Hot Rod Crate Engine w/ Rear Sump PanPart # 9153210Qty x 1
Edelbrock 1406 Performer 600 CFM 4 Barrel Carburetor, Electric ChokePart # 3251406Qty x 1
Moroso Ready to Install Plug Wires HEI/Under Header/BlkPart # 91064310-BLKQty x 1
GM HEI Distributor Wiring Pigtail Connector, 10 InchPart # 91012343Qty x 1
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.