Bills Hot Rod Co. 500 Series B/B Chevy Power Steering Brackets
Chevy Big Block V8, Mild Steel, Hardware Included, Short Water Pump Style
- Brackets are fabricated from 1/4" mild steel
- All brackets are pre-assembled, making or a quick and simple install
- It accepts stock GM Saginaw power steering pumps with attached reservoir
- Works with "short" water pumps only and 8" harmonic balancers
- Attaches to the lower left front of the block and comes with necessary stainless Allen head hardware
The 500 Series power steering pump bracket will fit a wide range of applications due to it's 3 mounting positions: low, mid and high. The bracket comes pre-assembled and attaches to the lower left front of the block using the two lower bolt holes located by the timing cover (the old front motor mount holes). The adjusting arm mounts to the lower water pump hole. This bracket accepts stock GM Saginaw power steering pumps with the attached reservoir. We recommend the 1971-74 Camaro style pumps.
- Fabricated from 1/4" mild steel
- Simple installation - all brackets are pre-assembled
- Drilling or tapping is not required
- Attaches to the lower left front of the block
- Accepts stock GM Saginaw power steering pumps with attached reservoir
- Works with "short" water pumps only
- Works with 8" harmonic balancers
- Works with stock steel or aftermarket pulleys
- Includes stainless Allen head hardware
- Fits big block Chevy V8 396-454 engines
- Available in chrome or black powdercoated
Combine this bracket with the 400 Series alternator & A/C brackets to complete your big block Chevy accessory drive.
- If your alternator is mounted towards the outside of the head, over the exhaust, you can't use this bracket due to alternator belt interference problem with the base and adjusting arm.
- To protect and preserve the finish on these powdercoated or chrome plated brackets, be sure to apply a good quality wax such as carnauba, as needed.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Learn about Mustang II Power steering and the components that are necessary for success.
Learn how to hook up a horn button in your vehicle. Watch our video on the install of an Ididit car horn button and our video on turn signal synchronization.
How to install an electronic power steering unit in a micro sprint and the benefits of using power steering. This article includes which parts to use to complete your power steering installation.
Nice graphic courtesy of Bills Hot Rod Company about which of thier Power Steering brackets will work with which water pumps, on both small block and big block Chevy engines.
When it comes to a traditional style build on an early hot rod it just has to be rolling on a solid front axle of some sort. In this buyer's guide we take you through I-beam and round tube solid axles, spindle choices, radius rod needs, and more.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked about the correct parts needed to set up the power steering system on his 1955 BelAir.
If you are confused as to how that new steering wheel you want is going to attach to your project's steering column then this buyer's guide should be your first visit before adding that new wheel to your shopping list.