Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, Raw Finish
Chevy Big Block V8, Fenderwell Header Tube Type, Raw, Standard Flange Style, Steel, Natural
- Fit 396 to 502 big block Chevy V8's in 1955-57 Chevy cars with engine in stock location
- These headers kick up over the frame rail and exit at the bottom of the cowl making them perfect for Gasser-style hot rods and drag cars
- Fenderwell headers require cutting or alteration of the inner fenders
- Feature long primary tubes that help produce more horsepower and torque than shorter more compact headers
- Collector outlet is 3 .5" and also included are 2.5" reducers for attaching an exhaust system if desired
These fender well headers provide the ultimate performance for 396-502 big block Chevy V8s in 1955-57 Chevy car applications. They kick up over the frame rail and exit just at the bottom of the cowl, which makes them perfect for Gasser-style rods and drag cars. Plus, these headers feature long primary tubes that help produce more horsepower and torque than shorter, more compact headers.
These headers are not for the faint of heart since you must cut the inner fender panels to make them fit, and tire clearance can be a problem on some applications. They may require smaller front tires to avoid contact. The stock emergency brake rod must also be altered. Can be used with most oil filter systems or transmission and starter combinations. The headers are designed to be used with engines in the stock location, not lowered as many kits do, so all '55-'57 cars should check motor mount positioning before ordering.
- Header flange has 1-13/16” x 1-13/16" port size
- Will require fender well cutting or alteration
- High temp black paint finish
- Includes bolts and gaskets
- Note: This header actually goes upward from the head instead of down before dropping over the frame rails. From the top of the head flange to the top of the tubes is approximately 9-1/2"
NotesThese headers are treated with a light coating of anti-corrosion paint to avoid rust during shipment and on the shelf. This coating must be removed entirely before painting with a high-temp paint for final installation. Coating can be removed with lacquer thinner.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Patriot Exhaust H8035-B Tri-5 Header, 55-57 BBC, Black, 2 Inch
Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, AHC Coated
1955-57 S/B Chevy Fenderwell Headers, AHC Coated
Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, Chrome
1955-57 Big Block Chevy 396-502 Chassis Headers, AHC Ceramic Coated
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
1955-57 Big Block Chevy 396-502 Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
1955-57 Chevy Car LS1 Clipster Headers, Raw Finish
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, Raw Finish
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, AHC Coated
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.