Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, Chrome
Chevy Big Block V8, Fenderwell Header Tube Type, Chrome, Round Port Flange Style, Steel
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
These fender well headers provide the ultimate performance for 396-502 big block Chevy V8s in 1955-57 Chevy car applications. They kick up over the frame rail and exit just at the bottom of the cowl, which makes them perfect for Gasser-style rods and drag cars. Plus, these headers feature long primary tubes that help produce more horsepower and torque than shorter, more compact headers.
These headers are not for the faint of heart since you must cut the inner fender panels to make them fit, and tire clearance can be a problem on some applications. They may require smaller front tires to avoid contact. The stock emergency brake rod must also be altered. Can be used with most oil filter systems or transmission and starter combinations. The headers are designed to be used with engines in the stock location, not lowered as many kits do, so all 55-57 cars should check motor mount positioning before ordering.
- Header flange has 1-13/16” x 1-13/16" port size
- Will require fender well cutting or alteration
- 2" primary tube O.D.
- 32" primary tube length
- 3-1/2" collector tube O.D.
- Chrome plated finish
- Includes bolts and gaskets
Header Dimensions (GIF)
Note: This header actually goes upward from the head instead of down before dropping over the frame rails. From the top of the head flange to the top of the tubes is approximately 9-1/2".
Header Dimension Chart (GIF)
- These are universal-fit fenderwell steel tube headers for big block Chevy V8 engines. They will require cutting and altering inner fender panels. Tire clearance can be a problem on some applications. May require smaller front tires to avoid contact.
- Designed to be used with engine in stock location (relative to stock 1955-57 Chevy transmission position), not lowered as many kits do.
- The stock 1955-57 Chevy emergency brake rod must be altered. You may also have to modify your emergency brake cable.
- Can be used with most oil filter systems or transmission and starter combinations.
- This header actually goes upward from the head instead of down before dropping over the frame rails. From the top of the head flange to the top of the tubes is approximately 9-1/2".
Dimensions: From the top of the flange to the top of the tubes is 9-½”. Once leaving the ports, the tubes turn upwards and then out to clear frame and suspension. Dimension from block to furthest out point of collector is 25-¼”. Dimension from top of flange to bottom of collector is 5-½”. Dimension from front edge of flange to end of collector at rear is 29-¾”. These dimensions can be compared to your vehicle but should clear most big block application vehicles with normal engine location.
Chrome Warning: Due to a revised chroming process brought on by recent EPA regulations and high labor costs, today's chrome is not the quality of days gone by. Be Aware: Exhaust components which are chrome plated are now much more susceptible to blueing, blistering, peeling & corrosion. No warranty or returns on chrome exhaust items once them have been installed.
Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled vehicles
More Like This
Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, AHC Coated
Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, Raw Finish
1955-57 S/B Chevy Fenderwell Headers, AHC Coated
1955-57 Big Block Chevy 396-502 Chassis Headers, AHC Ceramic Coated
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Chrome
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, Chrome
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
1955-57 Big Block Chevy 396-502 Chassis Headers, Raw Finish
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, AHC Coated
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, AHC Coated
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Wouldn't it be nice to get the best of both worlds out of your headers? Speedway Motors has solved that problem with our exclusive heat resistant Armor Hot Coating. Now you can keep that great look with longer life.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked about using a set of Small Block Chevy Sprint Roadster headers for his trike, powered by a stock 305.
In this Tech Tip, one of our customers asks for a suggestion on exhaust headers for his 1933 pickup.