Bendix Style Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Spindles, 12 x 1-3/4 Inch
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
If you want the early look but are reluctant to use old non-energizing drum brakes, we have just what you need. Our 100% new self-energizing backing plate assemblies come complete with shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware. Fits either the front or rear of 1937-48 Ford cars or 1937-47 Ford half-ton pickups with original style rear axle.
These brake assemblies can be used with Buick drums and 1948 Ford hubs, or we also offer new iron 12" x 2" brake drums (910-65400) with 5 on 5-1/2" bolt circle which are impossible to find elsewhere.
- Wheel Cylinder Inlet: 7/16"-20 straight thread
- NOT 7/16"-20 IFF
- Inlet fitting will require a sealing washer or O-ring style fitting
- Bolt Pattern: 3-3/8" center-to-center both horizontal and vertically
- If using Model A or B spindles the holes will have to be elongated inward to fit the narrower bolt pattern
- We recommend use of adapter rings 916-31928 to keep the spindle centered in the backing plate
- Spindle modification is necessary when installing these backing plates. Up to 1/4" of material may need to be removed on the top of the spindle.
- Our flat plate steering arms WILL NOT fit this backing plate.
More Like This
Bendix Style Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Spindles, 12 x 2 Inch
Bendix Style Emergency Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Rear, 12 x 1-3/4 Inch
Bendix Style Emergency Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Rear, 12 x 2 Inch
O'Brien Truckers 6103 Brake Scoops, Lincoln
Early Ford Banjo Rear End Brake Drum/Axle Retainer