Bendix Style Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Spindles, 12 x 1-3/4 Inch
12.00" Overall Diameter, 1.75" Overall Thickness, 3.38" x 3.38" Bolt Hole Pattern, Steel
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
If you want the early look but are reluctant to use old non-energizing drum brakes, we have just what you need. Our 100% new self-energizing backing plate assemblies come complete with shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware. Fits either the front or rear of 1937-48 Ford cars or 1937-47 Ford half-ton pickups with original style rear axle.
These brake assemblies can be used with Buick drums and 1948 Ford hubs, or we also offer new iron 12" x 2" brake drums (910-65400) with 5 on 5-1/2" bolt circle which are impossible to find elsewhere.
- Wheel Cylinder Inlet: 7/16"-20 straight thread
- NOT 7/16"-20 IFF
- Inlet fitting will require a sealing washer or O-ring style fitting
- Bolt Pattern: 3-3/8" center-to-center both horizontal and vertically
- If using Model A or B spindles the holes will have to be elongated inward to fit the narrower bolt pattern
- We recommend use of adapter rings 916-31928 to keep the spindle centered in the backing plate
- Spindle modification is necessary when installing these backing plates. Up to 1/4" of material may need to be removed on the top of the spindle.
- Our flat plate steering arms WILL NOT fit this backing plate.
More Like This
Bendix Style Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Spindles, 12 x 2 Inch
Early Ford Banjo Rear End Brake Drum/Axle Retainer
Bendix Style Emergency Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Rear, 12 x 1-3/4 Inch
Bendix Style Emergency Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Rear, 12 x 2 Inch
O'Brien Truckers 6103 Brake Scoops, Lincoln
Q & A
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
Tim talks about the difference between juice brakes and self-energizing brakes.
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!
Tim demonstrates the brake assembly with a Wide 5 drum brake and Speedway's new self-energizing backing plate.