BendPak 5585320 Power Unit, 8.5 Gallon, 2.5HP, 2850 PRV
While all of our hydraulic power units are powerful, this one has a slight variation that best suits many customers’ needs: its 3.6-gallon tank and 2.5 HP motor is accompanied by a pressure relief valve with an extra-high threshold of 2,850 psi.
Each BendPak hydraulic power unit is as unique as the lift it fits. In most cases, each unit fits many different lifts. A larger motor and tank can get you a faster rise, and a higher-threshold pressure relief valve can ensure a larger window of recovery in the unlikely case something goes wrong during your heavy lifting applications. If the valve senses pressure levels greater than 2,850 PSI, this unique relief valve is designed and optimized to allow high-pressure fluid to safely bypass until normal working conditions have returned.
Every hydraulic power pack manufactured by Ranger Products is CE, UL and/or ETL-approved, so there’s no such thing as a “less safe” unit with us. In fact, all our units are guaranteed to meet or exceed the highest standards in the industry. We back up our claim with not only optimized pressure relief valves, but high-capacity fluid tanks and motors with enough horsepower to keep your hydraulic power unit powering car lifts around the clock.
The descent mechanism utilizes the pull of gravity to reduce electrical use when you lower your vehicle, extending the life of your hydraulic power unit while decreasing operating costs. The casing around the motor is secure and weatherproof, so you never have to worry about dust, dirt, air pollutant or other random garage debris disrupting car lift operation. If your garage experiences the shifting seasons, not to worry! With a safe operating range of -13 – 175°F, these power units function in virtually every temperature (we think) you can throw at it.
BendPak Limited Warranty (PDF)
- Pumps feature high mechanical and volumetric efficiency, low noise level
- End head prepared for lift-hold-lower applications using our standard manual lowering valve or solenoid cartridge valves
- Totally enclosed motors are suitable for use in humid environments or dusty, contaminated atmospheres. UL Recognized and CSA Certified* AC electric motors feature heavy gauge steel frame and base and high-quality ball bearings.
- Torque load remains constant throughout the range of operation
- Power up, gravity down function
- Heavy-duty start switches with a high IP-protection class and silver-plated contacts meet tough demands for a long service life
- Cartridge-style relief valves meet tough demands for dependability and life expectancy
- Equipped with black plastic and steel reservoirs
- Vertical mounting
- Equipped with oil level dipstick
- High performance cartridge check valve is standard
- Most premium grade petroleum-based fluids can be used. Optimum operating viscosity range is 15 - 68 cSt
- Minimum recommended temperature is -25ºC (-13ºF)
- Maximum recommended temperature is +80ºC (+175ºF)
- 12-month warranty
Due to the shipping weight and dimensions of this item, it is required that it be shipped to a business address that will have either a receiving dock or fork lift at the delivery destination to allow for the item to be unloaded from the truck/trailer at the time of delivery.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 8 business days for BendPak to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
How to prepare and properly wash your sprint car as part of an organized, routine weekly maintenance.
Project Chevelle undergoes front suspension upgrades to minimize feeling every dip and bump in the road. Josh S. walks through the install and quick overview of the tubular control arms and G comp spindles.
Rivets are offered in many styles and are a great fastener when used properly. Our latest buyer’s guide will help you determine the correct style and length of rivet to use in your project.
Different ways to lift an engine, including the most common way and the parts needed to do so.
There is a lot to consider when choosing the proper spark plug for your engine's intended application and power level. Let us take some of the guesswork out with our spark plug buyer's guide.
Learn some helpful tips for using your tire groover as well as what direction to cut your grooves and sipes for maximum side bite and forward bite on your dirt circle track race car.
Custom rides usually require custom brake and fuel lines. Educate yourself on the tools you will need and the proper steps to a successful line assembly in our buyer's guide.
Broken exhaust studs are a common problem. This article describes what you need and how to remove a broken stud from an exhaust manifold. Learn how simple it is to remove broken or stubborn studs with a Titan Tools stud extractor tool.