B&M 40437 Torque Converter, Tork Master 2000 Ford AOD 1980-1992
AOD, Lockup Compatible, 1900-2100 Stall Speed (RPM)
- Specifically designed fit the 1980 to 1992 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury AOD automatic transmissions
- It allows the engine to launch the car at a higher RPM where more torque is available and increased strength
- Includes a new needle bearing and thrust washer
- Converter comes fully balanced and pressure tested
- It's compatible with engines with 11.4 inch bolt pattern and 1.375 crank pilot
A higher than stock stall speed as delivered by a B&M Converter will provide several advantages. The high stall converter allows the engine to launch the car at a higher RPM where more torque is available and increased strength.
- New Precision Pump Drive Tube
- Pressure Tested
- Fully Balanced
- Needle Thrust Bearing
ApplicationFits 1980 to 1992 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury AOD automatic transmissions. Does not fit AODE transmission. Compatible with engines with 11.4 inch bolt pattern and 1.375 crank pilot.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
This new steel bellhousing from Speedway Motors is made for everyone who wants to run three pedals without spending a fortune or relying on a crusty original.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat from the Speedway Tech Team talks about our LS flexplate options for mating 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0L LS engines to TH350, TH400, and 700R4 transmissions.
Tech write-up and a video of a Lokar shifter install on an automatic transmission.
Follow along as Jeff installs an early 700R4 transmission for the big block in his 1967 Chevelle. See how this unit is upgraded and converted to a later 30 spline style.
Learn how to select a torque converter. Read up on expert torque converter recommendations and learn how to choose the right stall speed for your torque converter and application.
Learn how to convert an engine using a Carbureted LS Conversion Kit, along with tips for a smooth install. Read more on the manifold and timing control module, which comes with an MSD ignition control box and wiring harness.