B&M 40263 Auto Trans Shift Improver Kit, AOD Trans 1980-1992 Ford
The B&M Shift Improver kit, is the easiest way to get the performance you want out of your transmission. A few simple modifications and your transmission will shift fast, firm and live longer.
- Provides Crisp Shifts
- On Any Stock Automatic Transmission
- Eliminates Soft and Sluggish Shift
- Eliminates Shift Overlap
ApplicationFits 1980 to 1992 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury AOD automatic transmissions
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for B&M to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks reached out to Lokar, Inc. to help get the Week to Wicked ’52 Chevy truck build in gear.
Tech write-up and a video of a Lokar shifter install on an automatic transmission.
Learn how to install our new Muscle Car Shifters from Lokar.
Eagle Motorsports, Inc. put together a how-to video on installing their Stallard SST Shifter Assembly.
This new steel bellhousing from Speedway Motors is made for everyone who wants to run three pedals without spending a fortune or relying on a crusty original.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat from the Speedway Tech Team talks about our LS flexplate options for mating 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0L LS engines to TH350, TH400, and 700R4 transmissions.