Auto Meter BVA-230 Hand Held Electrical System Analyzer For 6V & 12v
Oval Track Cars
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 4 business days for Auto Meter to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
One of the most technologically advanced handheld testers currently available, the BVA-230 sets the bar for accuracy, speed and ease of use. Using our patented Digital Pulse Load™ technology to deliver a BCI compliant true load test, the BVA-230 can precisely diagnose the battery, starting and charging system in under 82 seconds! Equipped with an easy carry handle, clamp rests, and heavy duty cables to minimize clamp wear and tear. Also features a mini USB port for easy push/pull of data, test results, and/or software updates.
- Tests 6V and 12V flooded and AGM batteries rated between 100-1600 CCA or 10-265 AH. Tests starting/charging circuits, discharged batteries, and detects bad cells.
- Automatically stores results of last 150 completed tests for easy review. Wirelessly communicates to optional test results printer via infrared or outputs to PC via AC-12 cable.
- Unlike competitor models, Auto Meter testers only require a single technician to run a full electrical system test due to our on-board 120 amp True Load cell. This eliminates the need to apply inconsistent loads, such as headlights, fans, etc. which makes our products easier to use and more accurate.
- English and Spanish language menus and test results.
- Charging system test results measure alternator current output, voltage regulation, and diode ripple delivering a pass or fail result.
- Easily upgraded for future tech enhancements using Auto Meter's exclusive AMP Link software.
- Advanced Digital Pulse Load (DPL) technology - patented test process and algorithm allowing operators of this product to rapidly measure a battery’s ability to provide adequate cranking power necessary to start the vehicle without the need for time consuming manual electrical system load tests.
- True-Load – This Auto Meter equipment is unique compared with other products on the market in that this tester has the ability to apply a known significant load (True-Load) directly through the tester connections allowing for a more rapid and accurate test of the vehicle’s battery, starter, and charging system by the operator. This provides the ultimate in accurate high-speed battery testing when paired with Auto Meter’s Advanced Digital Pulse Load technology process, reducing the margin of operator error and workload during the diagnosis.
- 16 Gauge, 20" leads with professional grade clamps that are easily field serviceable
- Intuitive menu driven operation, transmitted via backlit LCD screen for ease of use.
More Like This
Auto Meter 200DTP Tester/Printer Kit Containing Bct-200J, PR-12 And AC-24J
Auto Meter AC-14 Modular Internal IR Printer
Auto Meter AC17 20' External Volt Leads
Auto Meter AC-30 Wall Transformer, Pr-15
Auto Meter AC-33 Power Cord, Australia, PR-12
Auto Meter AC-52 Replacement Clamps, Ext. Volt Lead, Insulated
Auto Meter BVA-460 Electrical Multi-Tester
Auto Meter 200DTK Tester/Computer Adapter Kit Containing
Auto Meter AC10 PC Adapter, MD6
Auto Meter AC13 Replacement Plug-In Wall Transformer, AC-15 / BVA-2100
Q & A
Tim demonstrates a quick and easy solution to removing dents in your sprint car torsion tube. Check out this video for a simple fix to a common problem.
In preparation to transplant a 430hp 383 stroker into Project Chevelle, Zach R. made up a set of plug wires for the car. To keep it nice and tidy they needed to be routed just right, be the perfect length and not distract from the engine!
Wiring a car may seem like a daunting process, but Jess explains the steps to successfully wire the ignition switch, headlight switch, and the dash gauges.
There are a few things to consider when you're ready to select a wiring harness for your street rod. From selecting the correct wire harness, starting the installation, to having the right tools for the job, we can walk you through it.
Have a monster radiator but your engine still overheats? We'll show you what to look for beyond the cooling system for common overheating issues.
Project Chevelle undergoes front suspension upgrades to minimize feeling every dip and bump in the road. Josh S. walks through the install and quick overview of the tubular control arms and G comp spindles.
Are you an avid car show attendee? Here are 10 must have tools for car shows and road trips.