American Autowire 510243 Classic Update Kit, 1970 Ford Mustang
1970 Ford Mustang
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The wiring in your Mustang is fifty years old and probably not up to the task anymore. If you need a harness that has both OEM and modern features, this is the one for you. This Classic Update wiring harness from American Autowire allows you to plug into the original gauges and dash accessories, headlights, taillights and heater controls.
The Classic Update Series Harnesses are recommended for modified original vehicles, not OEM restoration projects. Fits 1970 Ford Mustangs.
Everything is color-coded and instructions are included - it's a painless process
- Correct replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker
- Original Ford styled headlight switch connector.
- Headlight enhancement relays allow for high-powered halogen headlights.
- Separate relay controlled circuit for cars that have stock or aftermarket fog or driving lamps
- Original Style ignition switch connector
- Standard turn signal flasher and hazard flasher mounted on fuse panel; horn relay mounted on harness.
- New ATO Fusebox fits the the left of the original bulkhead pass thru opening and allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility.
- Harness allows for most aftermarket accessories such as: gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, power windows, etc.
- All required hardware supplied.
- Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire)
- Complete ignition and turn signal switch jumper harnesses with mating connectors and terminals along with full color instructions that include all of the dash/main harness connections that are unique to the 1970 Mustang installation.
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most after market steering columns.
- Directions and an adapter with terminals are included for adapting to a stock 1969 Ford Mustang steering column.
- Separate optional under-dash light sockets along with original dome/interior light wiring.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a separate cluster harness disconnect system for easy service and assembly. The best aspect of the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes JME ENTERPRISES, AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness behind the left hand kick panel for easy accessibility and allows for original or custom routing. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead and ground wires, stop and tail light lead wires with proper focal length sockets, third brake light wire and the correct license plate lead connection for use with your stock tag lamp. Fuel tank sender wire and sending unit extension are also included.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided and mounts in the stock location
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, brake warning (with later updated extension if necessary), and electronic speedometer (if necessary). A heavy gauge alternator feed wire is provided for a typical 1 wire high-powered installation.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, fog light, and directional light leads are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
Rear Body Wiring Kit(PDF)
More Like This
Mechanical Speedometer Universal Dash Gauge Harness
EMi Henchcraft® Mini Sprint Wing Switch Wiring Harness
Longacre® 52-43534 SMi Pressure Sensor Wire Harness 0-100 psi
AutoMeter 5229 Wire Harness for Digital StepperMotor Boost Gauges
AutoMeter 5233 Wire Harness - Full Sweep Elec. Fuel Level Gauges
AutoMeter 5252 Extended Length Wire Harness, Wideband AFR Gauges
Holley EFI 558-436 Terminated Vehicle Harness for Digital Dash
Holley EFI 554-130 EFI Gauge Module
AutoMeter 5275 Replacement Wire Harness for Elite Press. Gauges
AutoMeter 5276 Wire Harness for Digital StepperMotor Elite Gauges
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about the King Bee Headlight and a few conduit options available at Speedway Motors.
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on Painless Wiring to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
Pat shows off how easy wiring your LS can be with our LS wiring kit.
Unbox our most popular wiring harness with Tim.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Testing a 2 or 3 wire speed sensor sounds difficult, but these videos show that it actually is quite easy!
Watch our Steering Column Wiring Guide video for useful tips on wiring your new steering column for your vehicle. Ididit takes you through the wiring process.