Classic Updates are researched and developed to be the highest quality and most complete vehicle-specific modified restoration harnesses available today. Engineered to provide plenty of room for customization while taking the tedious parts out of the wiring job. Get a head start on your wiring project today!
1967-68 Firebird Complete Wiring Kit Features:
- Replacement headlight switch with internal 30 amp circuit breaker included. Retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob are also included.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on fuse panel.
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location. All required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse allows easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all aftermarket accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire)
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns as well as 1969 and later GM columns which utilize stock GM turn signal switches. The original column can also be wired by using the supplied mating connector and terminals.
- Original Dash Panel instrument Cluster Connector.
- Along with wiring for your original dome/interior lighting we have included separate underdash light sockets.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a cluster harness disconnect system for easy service and assembly. All original terminals, connectors (exclusively from American Autowire), and light sockets are also supplied for original cluster gauges. However, the best aspect of the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, COVAN CLASSICS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
- New ignition switch is included with indexed connector. Additionally the system comes with column mounted ignition switch connectors for adapting late model columns (67-68 models).
- Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness in the original connector bodies. Flexibility in harness design allows for original or custom routing. Rear body wiring includes backup light wires and mating connectors for backup light leads. License plate lead, connectors, and terminals included. Fuel tank sender wire and terminal included.
- EXCLUSIVE! You will find all the original style light socket pigtails packed into every aspect of this system making it the most complete system of its type in the industry!
- Original parking light mold-ons for 1968 application. (Exclusive to American Autowire)
- Engine wiring includes connectors for original points type as well as H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM SI series internally regulated alternators. GM CS series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, and directional light connectors and terminals are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- Color schematics and easy to understand installation instructions included
Guides & Documents
|MFG. Part #||500886|
|Number of Circuits||18|
|Fuse Block Included||Yes|
|Compatible with GM Column||Yes|
|Ignition Key Location||Column|
|Sold in Quantity||Kit|