Adjustable Pressure Relief Valve for Belt Drive Fuel Pump
Universal Fit, 7-14 Fuel Pressure Rating (psi)
- Ideal bypass for use with a positive-displacement fuel pump (typically not required for diaphragm-type pumps)
- Adjustable diaphragm lets you set fuel pressure
- Also uses a Holley jet inside
- Due to fuel pump variations, the jet is not included
This pressure relief valve is the ideal bypass valve for use with a positive displacement fuel pump (typically not required for diaphragm type pumps). For use with any carbureted race engine using a belt drive fuel pump. This bypass valve is well suited for alcohol carburetors with gear type pumps.
Adjustable diaphragm lets you set fuel pressure while the Holley jet inside allows you to reduce idle fuel pressure without affecting operating pressure. Due to fuel pump variations, the jet is not included. The fuel pump relief valve features a stainless steel seat and bronze popitt valve for maximum resistance to corrosion.
- Easily mounts directly to the carb fuel log
- Adjusting screw on top sets high RPM fuel pressure
- Easy pressure adjustments at 7-14 PSI
- Adjustable to vastly different fuel pumps
- Maximum fuel availability at the carb
- 3/8" NPT ports
- The bypass is tapped for a Holley jet to reduce fuel pressure at idle. In most alcohol applications this can be plugged or run with a small jet. With gasoline, you can reduce the idle fuel pressure by installing progressively larger jets. The condition and type of fuel pump will determine the jet size.
- Make sure to install a jet or plug. A plug can be easily made by plugging the hole in an old jet with a small screw or solder.
910-11579 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Now that Project Chevelle is making some real power, we've decided to ditch the old tank, lines, and pump in favor of a new tank and pump from Tanks Inc.
Learn how to replace a fuel sending unit. Our fuel gauge sending unit guide and installation video covers all you need to match your fuel sender and gauge.
Pat talks about our Tanks Inc. EFI fuel tanks.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. takes some time to discuss the Fuel Gauge Interface Module that allows you to use any gauge set with almost any fuel level sending unit.
Now that Project Chevelle is making some real power, it's time to give it a little more fuel. Follow along as we install a new tank and pump from Tanks Inc.
Fuel injection is here to stay and we delve into the benefits of such retrofit systems for your classic muscle car or street rod in our EFI retrofit buyer's guide!
We look at the basics of performance carburetion and what you need to properly supply your street or race car with enough fuel in this buyer's guide