AFCO 7241-1028 F88i Series LH Rear Alum Caliper, 1.75 Bore/.810 Rotor
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional business days for AFCO to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- This item 10672411028 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
Design, innovation, and strength are combined to give the F88i Caliper series unique performance advantages. Structural integrity is greatly increased due to an exclusive internal interlock system that requires less brake pedal effort, yet increases braking control with lap after lap consistency.
The result: more consistent pedal feel and stopping performance with less pad taper. These calipers are machined from billet 6061-T6 aluminum and feature internally machined lightening pockets, which makes them one of the lightest calipers on the market.
The high performance caliper of choice for Rocket Chassis.
Replaces SL and XL type calipers. 3.50" mounting centers.
Racer Note: Racing brake calipers, if properly maintained, can generally be used for several racing seasons. Frequent replacement of the caliper pistons and seals will increase caliper life and performance.
Caliper Piston Tech Note (Link)
- Exclusive interlocking design significantly reduces caliper flex and distortion. The extra rigidity provides for more consistent stopping performance and less brake pad taper.
- All F88i calipers are built with staggered piston diameters to eliminate excessive brake pad taper
- Stainless steel abutment plates reflect heat and protect the caliper from pad gouging
- Stainless steel heat shields reflect heat from the caliper helping to reduce fluid temperatures
- Ultra-high temperature resistant square cut seals resist damage caused from heat and wear
- Billet machined 6061-T6 aluminum construction provides maximum strength
- Internally machined lightening pockets for maximum weight reduction without sacrificing rigidity. The F88i caliper is one of the lightest billet calipers on the market.
- Stainless steel pistons help to reduce fluid temperatures and piston wear
- Heat resistant and reflective finish help reduce caliper temperature
More Like This
AFCO 6630030 F88 Forged Aluminum Caliper, 1.25 Rotor, 1-3/8 Pistons
AFCO 6630040 F88 Forged Aluminum Caliper, 1.25 Rotor, 1-3/4 Pistons
AFCO 6630210 F22 Forged Aluminum Caliper-.810 In Rotor-1-3/8 In Piston
AFCO 6630220 F22 Forged Aluminum Caliper-.810 In Rotor-1-3/4 In Piston
AFCO 6630230 F22 Forged Aluminum Caliper-1.25 In Rotor-1-3/8 In Piston
AFCO 6630240 F22 Forged Aluminum Caliper-1.25 In Rotor-1-3/4 In Piston
Afco 6630420 Forged Alum F11 Brake Caliper, 1-3/4 Piston/.375 In Rotor
AFCO 6630050 F88 Forged Alum. Caliper, Staggered 1-3/8 Inch Piston, LH
AFCO 6630060 F88 Forged Alum. Caliper, Staggered 1-3/8 Inch Piston, RH
AFCO 6630070 F88 Forged Alum. Caliper, Staggered 1-7/8 Inch Piston, LH
Q & A
We get a lot of questions about brake kits so Tim gives a brief overview of disc brake setups.
If you're changing your brake pads before you hit your first race, it's important to burnish or bed-in your new pads. Check out our quick tech-tip on bedding brakes and how to minimize pad wear and get the best performance out of your brakes.
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
Steve replaces the factory GM 8.5" 10-bolt rear end on his '76 Chevrolet Laguna S3 with a GM 10 & 12 bolt bolt-on rear disc brake kit.