AFCO 3840CF Pro Touring Double Adj Front Shock, Chevy/GM/Dodge Truck
Buick, Cadillac, Chevy, GMC, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Twin Tube Shock Type
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 1 business days for AFCO to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
AFCO Pro Touring Shocks provide bolt-on high performance handing for every generation. These twin-tube shocks are built around a lightweight billet aluminum body housing a low friction rod guide for consistent, fade-free performance. Adjustments are made with a simple click of the knob.
- 4" Stroke - 10.90" Comp - 14.90" Ext
- 12.25"-13.25" Shock eye-to-eye Length @ Ride Height
- 100% Bolt On (Stock Mount)
- Gives you Total Control over your cars handling capabilities
- Compression adjustment controls bump and "front end feel" during cornering
- Rebound adjustment controls body roll and properly dampens spring for overall handling synergy
- Factory Dyno Tested for performance
- Made in the USA
Note: You may need to "slot" the tie bar mount.
For application information see Application tab.
- 1979-92 Dodge Truck
- 1982-96 Blazer, S-10 (2WD only)
- 1964-87 El Camino
- 1967-69 Camaro
- 1964-83 Malibu
- 1974-79 Chevy II, Nova
- 1973 Nova Non-H.D. Rear
- 1973 Nova with H.D. Rear (may need to "slot" tie bar mount)
- 1968-72 with Monoleaf Springs
- 1968-72 with Multileaf Springs (may need to "slot" tie bar mount)
- 1963-82 Corvette
- 1965-86 Fullsize
- 1955-57 Fullsize
- 1970-88 Monte Carlo
- 1975-80 Chevy Monza (and equivalent GM H-Body)
- 1972-77 Vega
- (Buick, Olds, Pontiac, Equivalent Body for most years)
Be sure to check extended & compressed dimensions.
NotesDouble Adjustable (Rebound & Compression)
Double adjustable shocks are the ultimate tool in the chassis tuner's arsenal. The Double adjustments of both compression and rebound dampening are completely independent - changing the setting of one has no effect on the setting of the other. By allowing full control over both compression and rebound forces, this shock gives the tuner the ability to fine tune every aspect of chassis movement to provide the ultimate in acceleration control and overall driveability.
More Like This
KYB 343127 Excel-G Front Gas Shock, 13.58 Ext, 8.66 Comp
AFCO 6875R-1 Reactor Rear Drag Shock, Chevy/GM, 7 Inch Stroke
Lakewood 40310 Drag Shock, 70/30, Rear, GM
Lakewood 40300 Drag Shock, GM Applications, 50/50, RWD, Red
KYB 343157 Excel-G Rear Gas Shock, 8.07 Stroke, 20.39 Ext, 12.32 Comp
Lakewood 40100 Drag Shock, 90/10, Front, GM, A/G, Body
Lakewood 40120 Drag Shock, 70/30, Front, GM
KYB KG5504 Gas-a-Just Rear Shock, 7.48 Stroke, 20.04 Ext, 12.56 Comp
KYB KG4515 Gas-a-Just Front Shock, 4.92 Stroke, 14.57 Ext, 9.65 Comp
KYB 343130 Excel-G Rear Gas Shock, 9.06 Stroke, 22.36 Ext, 13.31 Comp
Q & A
Tim talks about what options we have for hot rod shocks.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about shock ends.
Call Our Experienced Shock Techs For Details At 800.979.0122. Shipping Information ... Have Your Shocks Dyno Tested To Ensure Optimum Performance!
How to remove shock rod end and install bump rubber/bump cup.
AccuAir and Speedway Motors team up to bring you a video series explaining the basics of air suspension. Watch these videos to get a better understanding of air suspension.
Information behind the various styles of available shock absorbers.
Speedway Motors shares a How-To of selecting the right coilovers for your T-Bucket.