AFCO 30031 Big Gun 1982-92 Camaro Double Adjustable Front Drag Strut
82-92 Chevy Camaro
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 1 business days for AFCO to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
The AFCO double adjustable strut has been designed to exceed the need in the drag market. In most applications and classes, controlling weight transfer is key to making successful passes. Racers and chassis builders across the market requested a strut that can be used to control front end travel hydraulically instead of mechanically with a chain or cable. The engineering team at AFCO nailed it. The AFCO Big Gun strut offers tuners the ability to “lock down” the front suspension to create a smooth weight transfer event.
This double adjustable strut from AFCO is engineered for use with 1982-1992 Camaros. Its superior valving technology eliminates huge wheelies and the click by click adjustment allows you to know exactly where your valving is set. These drag racing struts offer more damping control and adjustment range than any other strut currently available.
- Double adjustable design - dial in your chassis
- “Lock Down” BIG GUN valving including the best front-end control on the market
- Click by click adjustment
- Fully independent compression and rebound adjustments
- 35mm piston diameter; up to 37% larger than competition
- Indexing compression adjuster for increased clearance options at the base of the strut
- Custom valving available; widest possible range in the industry
- BNC Compression valving to smooth out wheelies
- CAD designed and FEA optimized
- Rebuildable and revalvable as needed
- Includes locking coil-over kit
- Sold each
More Like This
QA1 HD606S-12170 Pro Coil-Over System, Camaro, Firebird
QA1 HD606S-12350 Pro Coil-Over System, Camaro, Firebird
QA1 HD606S-12250 Pro Coil-Over System, Camaro, Firebird
QA1 HD606S-12300 Pro Coil-Over System, Camaro, Firebird
QA1 HD606S-12325 Pro Coil-Over System, Camaro, Firebird
QA1 HD606SR HD Series Strut, 18.27/12.1 Ext/Comp, Camaro, Firebird
QA1 HD607SL Front Pro Coil Non-Coil-Over Strut, LH Only, 82-92 Camaro
QA1 HR606S-12250 Pro Coil-Over System, Camaro, Firebird
QA1 HR606S-12275 Pro Coil-Over System, Camaro, Firebird
QA1 HR606SR Front Pro Coil Drag R Series Coil-Over Strut, 82-92 Camaro
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle gets coilovers and a much-needed altitude adjustment. Watch as we install QA1 bolt-on coilover kits front and rear, then dial in the perfect stance and shock settings. Our old Chevelle is really starting to look mean!
Get up to date with the latest rule change and successfully update your sprint car support bars with the help of our very own Jason Martin!
Tim talks about what options we have for hot rod shocks.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about shock ends.
Check out this coil-over mounting guide to learn about determining your spring rate, compensating for mounted angle, and measuring a replacement shock accurately.
We add some tuneability to the suspension on Project Chevelle by bolting on QA1 coilovers front and rear.
How do you know what brand of shocks to purchase? How many shocks do you actually need as a beginner? In this article, Austin explains what to look for when it comes to brands, pricing, and features in the suspension world.