AFCO 2799-0FCS Crate Series Gas Shock, Left Rear Front 9 In C9/R0
Dirt Late Model, Micro Sprint, Midget, Mini Sprint, Mono Tube Shock Type, Rear Left Position
Compress Length: 17.17 Inch - Extended Length 26.15 InchThe AFCO Tamper Proof Shock Program is based off AFCO’s popular 27 Series Shock. With thousands built every year, these shocks have proven to be very consistent, durable and repeatable. Because each part number uses the same set of components for every production run, and because the performance specifications are consistent and repeatable, this line of shocks is easy to validate by a single dyno test on an approved dyno. This program is an economy platform that is inexpensive to maintain for the racer. The average rebuild cost at the end of the season is $50 for labor, oil, and seals. Should the racer need more extensive service, quick repair services are available from AFCO. Low up-front and maintenance costs, plus rendering the shocks tamper proof to eliminate high customization fees, makes this an ideal platform for cost-conscious racers.
Tamper Proof Features:
- Cover plate prevents access to retaining ring and also prevents gland from being pressed into the body. Cover plate is retained with two tamper proof screws. Screws can only be removed using serialized key from AFCO.
- Gland is retained with a round-wire retaining ring. Ring cannot be removed without pressing gland into the body.
- Only AFCO can create keys and related tamper proof screws. Key design is a pattern exclusive to this program. Key inventory is protected by a unique serial number with access strictly limited to AFCO. Traditional tamper-resistant bits will not work with these screws.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 90 business days for AFCO to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Tim talks about what options we have for hot rod shocks.
Kyle Vanover discusses how dents affect racing shocks. Learn how monotubes and twin tubes are affected by damage differently.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about shock ends.
Call Our Experienced Shock Techs For Details At 800.979.0122. Shipping Information ... Have Your Shocks Dyno Tested To Ensure Optimum Performance!
Kyle Vanover explains the results of tires rubbing on shocks. Check out this video and give the Speedway Motors Shock Tech department a call for assistance.
Follow along as Kyle Vanover share tips on how to keep your shocks clean.
We add some tuneability to the suspension on Project Chevelle by bolting on QA1 coilovers front and rear.