AFCO 20038LF Low Friction 1971-76 Impala/Caprice Lower Ball Joint
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
AFCO Low Friction Ball Joints are designed with 2 ft. lbs. of resistance, the force required to move the stud of the ball joint. Compare this with standard replacement joints, with as high as 50 ft. lbs. of resistance. A difference you can feel!
It is critical to handling that suspension components be as free as possible to move. Low friction ball joints allow the suspension to give rather than allowing the tire to bounce over rough surfaces. Low tire pressures magnify the need to minimize friction in the suspension.
1971-1976 GM B-Body
- Chevrolet Impala
- Chevrolet Caprice
- Chevrolet Bel Air
- Buick LeSabre
- Buick Centurion
- Oldsmobile Delta 88
- Oldsmobile Delta 98
- Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
- Pontiac Bonneville
Checking Ball Joint Wear (PDF)
Item DetailsMoog # K6141
- Precision machined to tight tolerances, providing consistent resistance throughout the travel of the ball joint to deliver consistent performance
- Improves weight transfer
- Frees up suspension for more consistent, repeatable chassis tuning
- Removes suspension rigidity and allows shock and spring to have more precise wheel control
- Adjustments are controlled more effectively by the shock and spring instead of the tire which improves traction
- Provides more accurate set-ups during vehicle scaling
- Meets or exceeds standard ball joint strength
- Stock appearing
- Lower input steering efforts and faster steering wheel return
More Like This
Howe Racing 22413 K6141 Lower Ball Joint, Alum. Cap, Press-In
Howe Racing 22420 GM K6145 Lower Ball Joint, Alum. Cap, Press-In
Howe 22419 K6117 Lower Ball Joint, Alum. Cap, 3/8 Inch Extended Stud
Speedway 1971-76 Impala/Caprice K6141 Style Lower Ball Joint
AFCO 20038-1LF Low Friction 1973-95 Truck-Style Lower Ball Joint, Long
AFCO 20038-1 Standard 1973-95 Truck-Style Lower Ball Joint
AFCO 20038 Standard 1971-76 GM B-Body Lower Ball Joint
QA1 1210-108 K6117 Lower Ball Joint, Steel Cap, Press-In
QA1 1210-108 K6117 Style Lower Ball Joint Kit w/ Extended Length Stud
Speedway K6117 Lower Ball Joint, Steel Cap, 3/8 Longer Stud
Q & A
How to remove shock rod end and install bump rubber/bump cup.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about shock ends.
How to prepare and properly wash your sprint car as part of an organized, routine weekly maintenance.