AFCO 20038-1LF Low Friction 1973-95 Truck-Style Lower Ball Joint, Long
Hobby Stock, Modified, Sport Mod, Stock Car, Press-in Ball Joint Type, Steel, Lower Position
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
AFCO Low Friction Ball Joints are designed with 2 ft. lbs. of resistance, the force required to move the stud of the ball joint. Compare this with standard replacement joints, with as high as 50 ft. lbs. of resistance. A difference you can feel!
It is critical to handling that suspension components be as free as possible to move. Low friction ball joints allow the suspension to give rather than allowing the tire to bounce over rough surfaces. Low tire pressures magnify the need to minimize friction in the suspension.
These are NOT a direct fit in the stock pickup A-frames. Used on IMCA cars to raise roll center (raised pivot point).
- These ball joint use a 1973-95 GM Truck taper, but they have a longer (taller) stud than the stock GM part. The taller stud changes the pivot point due to its length, which in turn raises the cars roll center. Very common ball joint on IMCA Modifieds.
- Lower ball joint fits most stut cars, 1971-1976 Impala and most wide-type dirt cars. Press-In.
- Fits most popular racing and passenger car spindles.
Item DetailsMoog # K6117
Longer stud to raise roll center.
- Precision machined to tight tolerances, providing consistent resistance throughout the travel of the ball joint to deliver consistent performance
- Improves weight transfer
- Frees up suspension for more consistent, repeatable chassis tuning
- Removes suspension rigidity and allows shock and spring to have more precise wheel control
- Adjustments are controlled more effectively by the shock and spring instead of the tire which improves traction
- Provides more accurate set-ups during vehicle scaling
- Meets or exceeds standard ball joint strength
- Stock appearing
- Lower input steering efforts and faster steering wheel return
More Like This
AFCO 20038-1 Standard 1973-95 Truck-Style Lower Ball Joint
Howe Racing 22413 K6141 Lower Ball Joint, Alum. Cap, Press-In
Howe Racing 22420 GM K6145 Lower Ball Joint, Alum. Cap, Press-In
Howe 22419 K6117 Lower Ball Joint, Alum. Cap, 3/8 Inch Extended Stud
Speedway 1971-76 Impala/Caprice K6141 Style Lower Ball Joint
AFCO 20038 Standard 1971-76 GM B-Body Lower Ball Joint
AFCO 20038LF Low Friction 1971-76 Impala/Caprice Lower Ball Joint
QA1 1210-108 K6117 Lower Ball Joint, Steel Cap, Press-In
QA1 1210-108 K6117 Style Lower Ball Joint Kit w/ Extended Length Stud
Speedway K6117 Lower Ball Joint, Steel Cap, 3/8 Longer Stud
Q & A
AccuAir and Speedway Motors team up to bring you a video series explaining the basics of air suspension. Watch these videos to get a better understanding of air suspension.
Tim demonstrates a quick and easy solution to removing dents in your sprint car torsion tube. Check out this video for a simple fix to a common problem.
How to prepare and properly wash your sprint car as part of an organized, routine weekly maintenance.
A routine weekly maintenance checklist to perform between each race in order to keep a clean and efficient race car at the track.
An outline of different types of AFCO small body shocks and the functionality of how they work.