AFCO 20031LF Low Friction 1963-71 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joints
Hobby Stock, Modified, Sport Mod, Stock Car, Bolt-in Ball Joint Type, .59" Taper Small End
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
AFCO Low Friction Ball Joints are designed with 2 ft. lbs. of resistance, the force required to move the stud of the ball joint. Compare this with standard replacement joints, with as high as 50 ft. lbs. of resistance. A difference you can feel!
- This ball joint uses the Ford taper found on Mustang II/Pinto spindles. Common on IMCA Modifieds.
- This ball joint will NOT fit the stock taper in a 1963-71 GM truck spindle. To use this with GM-type spindles the upper taper must be reamed with reamer 910-89411.
- Same as Moog type K6024
Checking Ball Joint Wear (PDF)
- Mastersbilt, GRT, American Made, Swartz, Bernheisel, Rocket, Howe, Shaw, Bullitt, Rayburn, Harris
It is critical to handling that suspension components be as free as possible to move. Low friction ball joints allow the suspension to give rather than allowing the tire to bounce over rough surfaces. Low tire pressures magnify the need to minimize friction in the suspension.
- Precision machined to tight tolerances, providing consistent resistance throughout the travel of the ball joint to deliver consistent performance
- Improves weight transfer
- Frees up suspension for more consistent, repeatable chassis tuning
- Removes suspension rigidity and allows shock and spring to have more precise wheel control
- Adjustments are controlled more effectively by the shock and spring instead of the tire which improves traction
- Provides more accurate set-ups during vehicle scaling
- Meets or exceeds standard ball joint strength
- Stock appearing
- Lower input steering efforts and faster steering wheel return
More Like This
AFCO 20032-2LF Low Friction Upper Ball Joint, Extended Length
AFCO 20032-1LF Low Friction 1973-95 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joint
AFCO 20031-2LF Low Friction 63-71 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joint, Tall
AFCO 20037LF K5108 Low Friction GM Upper Ball Joint
AFCO 20039LF Low Friction GM Lower Ball Joint
AFCO 20033LF K5103 Low Friction Lower Ball Joint
AFCO 20032LF K5208 Low Friction GM Upper Ball Joint
AFCO 20038-1LF Low Friction 1973-95 Truck-Style Lower Ball Joint, Long
AFCO 20038LF Low Friction 1971-76 Impala/Caprice Lower Ball Joint
AFCO 20034LF Low Friction 1968-89 Chrysler-Type Upper Ball Joint
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle gets coilovers and a much-needed altitude adjustment. Watch as we install QA1 bolt-on coilover kits front and rear, then dial in the perfect stance and shock settings. Our old Chevelle is really starting to look mean!
AccuAir and Speedway Motors team up to bring you a video series explaining the basics of air suspension. Watch these videos to get a better understanding of air suspension.
Tim demonstrates a quick and easy solution to removing dents in your sprint car torsion tube. Check out this video for a simple fix to a common problem.