AFCO 20031LF Low Friction 1963-71 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joints
Hobby Stock, Modified, Sport Mod, Stock Car, Bolt-in Ball Joint Type, .59" Taper Small End
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
AFCO Low Friction Ball Joints are designed with 2 ft. lbs. of resistance, the force required to move the stud of the ball joint. Compare this with standard replacement joints, with as high as 50 ft. lbs. of resistance. A difference you can feel!
- This ball joint uses the Ford taper found on Mustang II/Pinto spindles. Common on IMCA Modifieds.
- This ball joint will NOT fit the stock taper in a 1963-71 GM truck spindle. To use this with GM-type spindles the upper taper must be reamed with reamer 910-89411.
- Same as Moog type K6024
Checking Ball Joint Wear (PDF)
- Mastersbilt, GRT, American Made, Swartz, Bernheisel, Rocket, Howe, Shaw, Bullitt, Rayburn, Harris
It is critical to handling that suspension components be as free as possible to move. Low friction ball joints allow the suspension to give rather than allowing the tire to bounce over rough surfaces. Low tire pressures magnify the need to minimize friction in the suspension.
- Precision machined to tight tolerances, providing consistent resistance throughout the travel of the ball joint to deliver consistent performance
- Improves weight transfer
- Frees up suspension for more consistent, repeatable chassis tuning
- Removes suspension rigidity and allows shock and spring to have more precise wheel control
- Adjustments are controlled more effectively by the shock and spring instead of the tire which improves traction
- Provides more accurate set-ups during vehicle scaling
- Meets or exceeds standard ball joint strength
- Stock appearing
- Lower input steering efforts and faster steering wheel return
More Like This
AFCO 20032-1LF Low Friction 1973-95 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joint
AFCO 20032-1 Standard 1973-95 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joint
AFCO 20031 Standard 1963-71 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joint
QA1 1210-101 K6024 Style Upper Ball Joint Kit w/ Extended Length Stud
Howe 22301 K6136 Alum. Upper Ball Joint, 73-95 GM Pickup/71-76 Impala
Howe 22300 K6024 Upper Ball Joint, 63-71 GM Pickup/Pinto Spindle, Alum
Pinto-Mustang II Ball Joints
Speedway 1973-95 Truck K6136 Style Repl Upper Ball Joint
AFCO 20032 K5208 Standard GM Upper Ball Joint
AFCO 20037 K5108 Standard GM Upper Ball Joint
Q & A
AccuAir and Speedway Motors team up to bring you a video series explaining the basics of air suspension. Watch these videos to get a better understanding of air suspension.
Tim demonstrates a quick and easy solution to removing dents in your sprint car torsion tube. Check out this video for a simple fix to a common problem.
How to prepare and properly wash your sprint car as part of an organized, routine weekly maintenance.
A routine weekly maintenance checklist to perform between each race in order to keep a clean and efficient race car at the track.
An outline of different types of AFCO small body shocks and the functionality of how they work.