AFCO 20031-2LF Low Friction 63-71 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joint, Tall
Hobby Stock, Modified, Sport Mod, Stock Car, Bolt-in Ball Joint Type, 7 degree Degree of Taper
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
AFCO Low Friction Ball Joints are designed with 2 ft. lbs. of resistance, which is the force required to move the stud of the ball joint. Compare this with standard replacement joints, with as high as 50 ft. lbs. of resistance, resulting in a difference you can feel!
The extended lengths of these ball joints dramatically improve the camber curves of the left and right front tires, which improves the ability of a race car to turn. These ball joints also improve a suspension’s roll center location for enhanced high-speed handling and drivability, and they provide a simple means to change front suspension geometry to fine-tune handling.
- Precision-machined to tight tolerances, providing consistent
resistance throughout the travel of the ball joint to deliver
- Frees up suspension for more consistent, repeatable chassis
- Removes suspension bind & allows shock & spring to have
more precise wheel control
- Meets or exceeds standard ball joint strength
- Road inputs are controlled more effectively by the shock and
spring instead of the tire which improves traction
- Improves weight transfer
- Provides more accurate set-ups during vehicle scaling
- Stock appearing
- Lower input steering efforts and faster steering
- Moog type K6024 + 1/2" length
- This ball joint uses the Ford taper found on Mustang II/Pinto spindles. Common on IMCA Modifieds.
- This ball joint will NOT fit the stock taper in a 1963-71 GM truck spindle. To use this with GM-type spindles the upper taper must be reamed with reamer 910-89411.
- Same as 106-20031LF, but with 1/2" taller stud.
Checking Ball Joint Wear (PDF)
More Like This
AFCO 20031LF Low Friction 1963-71 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joints
AFCO 20032-2LF Low Friction Upper Ball Joint, Extended Length
AFCO 20033LF K5103 Low Friction Lower Ball Joint
AFCO 20037LF K5108 Low Friction GM Upper Ball Joint
AFCO 20039LF Low Friction GM Lower Ball Joint
AFCO 20034LF Low Friction 1968-89 Chrysler-Type Upper Ball Joint
AFCO 20036LF Low Friction K727 Type Lower Ball Joint
AFCO 20038-1LF Low Friction 1973-95 Truck-Style Lower Ball Joint, Long
AFCO 20038LF Low Friction 1971-76 Impala/Caprice Lower Ball Joint
AFCO 20038-4LF Low Friction Lower Ball Joint, Long
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle gets coilovers and a much-needed altitude adjustment. Watch as we install QA1 bolt-on coilover kits front and rear, then dial in the perfect stance and shock settings. Our old Chevelle is really starting to look mean!
AccuAir and Speedway Motors team up to bring you a video series explaining the basics of air suspension. Watch these videos to get a better understanding of air suspension.
Tim demonstrates a quick and easy solution to removing dents in your sprint car torsion tube. Check out this video for a simple fix to a common problem.