AFCO 20031-2LF Low Friction 63-71 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joint, Tall
Hobby Stock, Modified, Sport Mod, Stock Car, Bolt-in Ball Joint Type, 7 degree Degree of Taper
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
AFCO Low Friction Ball Joints are designed with 2 ft. lbs. of resistance, which is the force required to move the stud of the ball joint. Compare this with standard replacement joints, with as high as 50 ft. lbs. of resistance, resulting in a difference you can feel!
The extended lengths of these ball joints dramatically improve the camber curves of the left and right front tires, which improves the ability of a race car to turn. These ball joints also improve a suspension’s roll center location for enhanced high-speed handling and drivability, and they provide a simple means to change front suspension geometry to fine-tune handling.
- Precision-machined to tight tolerances, providing consistent
resistance throughout the travel of the ball joint to deliver
- Frees up suspension for more consistent, repeatable chassis
- Removes suspension bind & allows shock & spring to have
more precise wheel control
- Meets or exceeds standard ball joint strength
- Road inputs are controlled more effectively by the shock and
spring instead of the tire which improves traction
- Improves weight transfer
- Provides more accurate set-ups during vehicle scaling
- Stock appearing
- Lower input steering efforts and faster steering
- Moog type K6024 + 1/2" length
- This ball joint uses the Ford taper found on Mustang II/Pinto spindles. Common on IMCA Modifieds.
- This ball joint will NOT fit the stock taper in a 1963-71 GM truck spindle. To use this with GM-type spindles the upper taper must be reamed with reamer 910-89411.
- Same as 106-20031LF, but with 1/2" taller stud.
Checking Ball Joint Wear (PDF)
More Like This
AFCO 20031 Standard 1963-71 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joint
AFCO 20031LF Low Friction 1963-71 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joints
QA1 1210-101 K6024 Style Upper Ball Joint Kit w/ Extended Length Stud
Howe 22300 K6024 Upper Ball Joint, 63-71 GM Pickup/Pinto Spindle, Alum
Pinto-Mustang II Ball Joints
AFCO 20037 K5108 Standard GM Upper Ball Joint
Speedway 1964-74 GM K5108 Style Upper Ball Joint
Speedway 1963-71 Truck K6024 Style Upper Ball Joint
AFCO 20037LF K5108 Low Friction GM Upper Ball Joint
QA1 1210-101 K6024 Upper Ball Joint, 63-71 GM Pickup/Pinto Spindle
Q & A
AccuAir and Speedway Motors team up to bring you a video series explaining the basics of air suspension. Watch these videos to get a better understanding of air suspension.
Tim demonstrates a quick and easy solution to removing dents in your sprint car torsion tube. Check out this video for a simple fix to a common problem.
How to prepare and properly wash your sprint car as part of an organized, routine weekly maintenance.
A routine weekly maintenance checklist to perform between each race in order to keep a clean and efficient race car at the track.
An outline of different types of AFCO small body shocks and the functionality of how they work.