AFCO 1564A Pro Street/Strip Coil-over Shocks
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for AFCO to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
AFCO S-Series Economy Coil-Overs are great for entry level drag racing. These non-adjustable, steel-bodied shocks are 1/3 lighter than full-size shocks and can be mounted “upside-down” which saves unsprung weight to allow the car to react faster and allows easier adjustment of coil-over hardware.
- Small body steel shock - lightweight
- Popular street/strip valving (non-adjustable)
- Heavy-duty gas design
- Mounts in standard coil-over location
- Accepts standard coil-over springs
- Lowers 60 foot times - improves traction
- Coil-over kit accepts "standard" 2-1/2" or 2-5/8" coil
- Includes coil-over kit
Coil-over hardware included. Uses 2-5/8" coil-over springs (sold separately)
Item Details6 Inch Stroke
11.45" Comp, 17.45" Ext
10-12" Spring Height
More Like This
AFCO Non-Adjust. Coilover Shocks w/o Spring, 14 Inch Ext, 5/8 Bushing
AFCO Non-Adjust. Coilover Shocks w/o Spring, 16 Inch Ext, 5/8 Bushing
AFCO 3850BG Big Gun Rear Twin Tube Coil-Over Shock, 5 Inch Stroke
AFCO 3840BG Big Gun Rear Twin Tube Coil-Over Shock, 4 Inch Stroke
AFCO 3860BG Big Gun Rear Twin Tube Coil-Over Shock, 6 Inch Stroke
AFCO 3840-1 Swing Arm Dragster Coil-Over Shock-Twin Tube, 4 In. Stroke
AFCO 3845 Eliminator Coil-Over Shock, Single Adjustable, 4 Inch Stroke
AFCO 3860 Eliminator Coil-Over Shock, Double Adjustable, 6 Inch Stroke
AFCO 3840-1Z Eliminator Coilover Shock, 4 Stroke, Z-End 3/4 Inch Short
AFCO 3890 Eliminator Coil-Over Shock, Double Adjustable, 9 Inch Stroke
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle gets coilovers and a much-needed altitude adjustment. Watch as we install QA1 bolt-on coilover kits front and rear, then dial in the perfect stance and shock settings. Our old Chevelle is really starting to look mean!
Tim talks about what options we have for hot rod shocks.
Speedway Motors employee Steve is back to work on his 1976 Chevrolet Laguna, this time installing a QA1 Coilover kit in his front suspension.
Speedway Motors shares a How-To of selecting the right coilovers for your T-Bucket.
We add some tuneability to the suspension on Project Chevelle by bolting on QA1 coilovers front and rear.
Product guru Jeff K. takes us along as he updates the suspension on his 1946 Ford Sedan Delivery with a set of fresh Mustang II coilovers following an unfortunate incident with a pothole.
Information behind the various styles of available shock absorbers.