AEM 30-3829 Infinity Plug and Play Jumper Harness
AEM’s Marine-grade Plug & Play Adapter Harness for MEFI-4 equipped race vehicles (PN 30-3829) allows users to switch from the older MEFI-4 platform to state-of-the-art standalone engine control with built-in racing features like boost, nitrous, traction and launch control, in about an hour!
Complete Plug & Play Harness For Mefi-4 Engines
This adapter harness includes MEFI J1 and J2 connectors to attach it to the MEFI harness, a 73 pin Molex connector to attach to an Infinity Series 3 ECU, two Lambda connectors for adding external wideband controllers and sensors, a connector for HEI-distributed engines or the option to run 8 individual AEM smart coils, an AEMnet CAN bus connection for connecting AEMnet enabled devices, an integrated relay and 12-pin DTM style connector for fast and easy integration of auxiliary sensors and switches.
Plug & Play Harness with Expansion Port
An expansion port with a weatherproof 12-pin connector is included in the Plug & Play Adapter Harness for adding common aftermarket sensors including fuel and/or oil pressure (30-2130-150 150 PSI, sold separately) and ethanol content sensor (PN 30-2200 sold separately). The expansion port also includes a sensor ground, 5v reference, power from relay and switched inputs for boost target and more.
Uses Infinity Series 3 Standalone ECU
The Infinity Series 3 Programmable ECU is designed for popular early- and late-model throttle body and port-injected Ford, GM and Mopar V8s.
The Infinity Series 3 incorporates all of the features necessary to run a high-performance engine including airflow-based VE tuning for fuel injection control, ignition control, Flex Fuel, knock control, boost control, nitrous control, launch control, traction control and engine protection. The Series 3 is able to communicate with 3rd party dashes and loggers and is AEMnet CANbus enabled to easily communicate with other AEMnet equipped devices. All maps can be password protected. Its latest generation 200MHz processor can process 400 MIPS (Millions of Instructions per Second).
Air/Fuel Ratio (AFR) feedback is supported by adding external wideband controllers through 0-5V analog inputs or via AEMnet CANbus using AEM’s X-Series Wideband UEGO AFR controllers. An Engine History feature is included that records basic engine operational conditions including Run Time, Peak RPM (overrev), Oil Pressure/Temp Overheat (requires sensors, sold separately) and Lean Condition (Boost/Vacuum vs AFR).
MEFI-4 Plug & Play Adapter Harness with Expansion Port
Once you have determined which Series 3 Infinity ECU will best support your MEFI-4 equipped engine, you will need to purchase the Infinity MEFI-4 Plug & Play adapter harness (PN 30-3829). This Harness delivers seamless conversion from dated MEFI platform to state-of-the-art Infinity ECU, with boost control, nitrous control, launch control, engine protection and more built-in!
The MEFI-4 Plug & Play Adapter Harness includes an AEMnet connector for communication with other AEMnet enabled devices and an auxiliary connector with a High-Performance DTM-Style 12P connector for adding common aftermarket sensors including fuel pressure, air inlet temperature, MAP, oil temperature and ethanol content sensor. The expansion port also includes a sensor ground, 5v reference, 12v power from relay and high side output for activating a relay or solenoid, a low side output for boost control and analog inputs for mode switch and no-lift shift.
The Infinity 308 (PN 30-7113) features two different injector types and two different coil outputs that support three different types of fuel and ignition configurations.
For throttle-body-injected (TBI) and GM multi-port fuel-injected V8s, the Infinity 308 includes a single direct-drive ignition coil output to work with a distributor and a single-coil, and 2 peak & hold injector drivers that can drive up to four high-impedance injectors each. Other port injected and single-coil distributed V8 engines like the Ford Windsor can be controlled using the Infinity 308’s 8 high impedance injector drivers and single direct-drive coil output.
For the Chevy LS, the Infinity 308 has 8 high impedance injector drivers and 8 “smart” coil outputs to drive a coil-near-plug ignition system.
The Infinity 358 (PN 30-7114) is designed to control 2V and 4V Ford Modular engines, late-model Dodge Hemi engines, and other late-model, individual direct-drive “dumb” coil V8 engines with port injection using 8 high impedance injectors.
The Series 3 Infinity ECUs do not include an on-board Lambda sensor controller for wideband air/fuel ratio. If you do not have a wideband air/fuel controller we recommend our X-Series Wideband Controllers (Inline or Gauge).
The Infinity Series 3 ECUs include a basic engine history feature. If you require robust data logging capability we recommend our AQ-1 Data Logger, which can be connected to the Infinity through a simple AEMnet CAN bus connection.
200MHz Processor and Real-Time Operating System
Late-model vehicle ECU’s all run on faster processors. The Infinity ECU is built around a latest-generation 32-bit floating point 200MHz automotive processor and Real-Time Operating System (RTOS), which is capable of processing 400 MIPS (millions of instructions per second). By comparison, common competitive systems typically use 20MHz to 50MHz processors. To our knowledge, the Infinity ECU currently has the fastest processing speed of any aftermarket Motorsports ECU available. This allows the Infinity to do more, faster, in a more stable programming environment.
- The Infinity’s 200MHz processor and RTOS makes the Infinity more responsive, for a better driving experience
- The Infinity’s 200MHz processor and RTOS allows for more accurate ignition timing, which enables an engine to create more power
- The Infinity’s faster processor allows it to perform more computational features with no sacrifice in processing performance
- The Infinity’s RTOS ensures strategic processing with optimized load balancing. This means that tuning one feature will not affect the performance of another feature
- Fuel Injection control via airflow model-based (VE) tuning
- Full ignition control
- Closed-loop AFR feedback
- ECU Set Up Wizard simplifies startup
- Flex-fuel compatible
- Multiple boost control strategies
- Nitrous control
- Map switching
- Dual knock sensing circuits
- Engine history
- Outputs to 3rd party dashes and data loggers
- Integrated engine protection strategies
- Sealed enclosure and IP67 rated comms ports
AIRFLOW MODEL BASED CALCULATIONS
Infinity’s airflow model based systems greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to set up and tune an engine by eliminating many of the lookup and trim tables (correction tables) necessary in previous generation ECUs. The Infinity’s airflow based, or volumetric efficiency (VE) based models calculate an engine’s requirements in real-time based on an advanced algorithm that has various modes for calculating air flow. Once the user inputs an engine’s basic parameters (displacement, cylinders, ignition type, and firing order) and methods of calculation for airflow and ignition they can begin setting the engine’s VE table in the software.
InfinityTuner USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
InfinityTuner is optimized for speed and performance. The software has the power to control a multitude of features found in today’s modern racecars, and features an advanced tuning Wizard to reduce set up time. An ECU Setup Wizard takes complex calibration setup work and simplifies it through a smart interface that features tabs for quick set up of vital engine functions. Each tab includes a description of the function.
InfinityTuner software is highly flexible. It allows you to choose from multiple strategies for boost control, idle control, traction control, charge air temp blend, launch control and more.
All controls in the Infinity ECU are synched to logged data which allows users to edit calibration data during log playback to minimize tuning time. AEMdata, AEM’s advanced data logging analysis software is also included for reviewing data logs.
ULTRA-HIGH RESOLUTION FUEL CONTROL
The Infinity ECU calculates injector pulsewidth in units of 1/10th of a microsecond (0.0000001 seconds). Individual cylinder fuel trim is included and user-adjustable.
ACCURATE IGNITION TIMING UNDER ANY CONDITION
InfinityTuner software features a 3D ignition trim map (coolant and air temp based), and its back-end timing code is tested to 100,000 RPM. Individual cylinder ignition trim is included.
FLEX FUEL COMPENSATION
Flex-fuel compatibility is included, and the Infinity is able to make automatic adjustments for ethanol content in the fuel with the addition of an ethanol content sensor (sold separately).
The Infinity has the ability to run two separate fuel types simultaneously through staged fuel injection
The Infinity ECU uses a coolant temp based idle control model. It includes an RPM vs. Engine Speed Rate idle decel feature that provides accurate control of the IAC and allows for adjustment of engine braking. The Infinity’s idle TPS offset provides smoother low idle operation when necessary, like driving in the pits or return lane following a pass.
MULTIPLE BOOST CONTROL STRATEGIES
Choose from time, gear, vehicle speed, switch based or other boost control strategies. The Infinity’s boost control includes two 2D base duty tables and two 2D boost target tables. The second tables can be used as a trim, and users can choose from multiple strategies including IAT, MAP, Baro (kpa), throttle %, flex fuel content, boost target and more.
The Infinity’s software allows you to run a single-stage wet or dry nitrous set up (four-stage available soon). This feature includes nitrous timing delay to account for nitrous bleed out and can be set up for water/methanol injection tuning. Four stage nitrous will be upgraded for free for existing Infinity users when it becomes available.
The Infinity includes up to four separate ignition maps, four separate Lambda maps and two separate VE maps with independent values. Using AEM’s 12 Position Trim Pot, this powerful feature delivers many valuable tuning options including:
- Multiple maps for multiple track conditions (practice map, rain map, qualifying map, FTW map)
- Change boost target
- Change Lambda target
- Change ignition target
- Tie boost, Lambda, and ignition targets together and change them all
- Ideal for test mapping during tuning
- Change boost base duty
- Control PWM switches (like water/methanol injection)
- Choose between 2 VE tables for VVC or when restrictors are in place
- Blend between flex-fuel ignition maps
- Blend by cam position and gear
Multiple engine protection strategies are incorporated into the Infinity ECU. Available strategies include:
- MAP (create limp mode using Assumed Pressure Ratio table to compensate for pressure if sensor fails)
- Overboost (boost fuel cut until boost/throttle decreases)
- Fuel pressure (injector flow compensated for variations in pressure, sensor required)
- Oil pressure (trigger light or limit RPM if pressure drops below set value, sensor required)
- RPM (rev limiter)
- Coolant temperature, Temp vs. RPM (fuel and ignition cut, sensor required)
- Knock control with feedback
- Lean protection (fuel and ignition cut)
REAL-TIME ADVANCED DIAGNOSTICS
The Infinity’s diagnostics software can be configured to constantly monitor signal and current quality to alert the user of a potential issue before it creates the potential for engine damage.
CLOSED-LOOP AFR FEEDBACK CONTROL
Infinity Series 3 users have the ability to add up to two external wideband air/fuel ratio (AFR) sensor controllers via analog inputs or through AEMnet CANbus using AEM's X-Series Wideband AFR Controllers for closed-loop wideband AFR feedback control.
DUAL KNOCK SENSING
Dual knock signal conditioning circuits allow for precise measurements of knock levels. The Infinity can utilize both Piezoelectric and Flat Response type knock sensors.
The Infinity ECU is constructed using automotive-rated components designed to withstand the harshest racing environments. Its enclosure and connectors are sealed to make it suitable for engine bay mounting. An advanced wear-leveling strategy for flash memory ensures a lifetime of reliable performance.
The Infinity ECU is able to transfer data via USB at up to 480 Mb/second. It features a fully-sealed IP67 communications connection system.
Infinity is AEMnet enabled and will communicate with another AEMnet-equipped device. It is able to output to 3rd party dash/logger devices (not all 3rd party dash/logger devices may be supported).
INFINITY SERIES 3 EMS CAPABILITIES:
- Airflow model based calculations
- VE-based engine startup
- Multi-fuel capable
- Flex-fuel compensated – fuel, ignition and boost with blend
- Multiple boost control strategies (time, gear, vehicle speed, switch and more)
- 2-step programmable launch control (3-step with Advanced Tuning Package)
- Programmable traction control, 2-wheel speed or engine acceleration
- No-lift shift
- User-configurable soft-cut rev limiters
- User-configurable anti-lag
- Map switching (4 Separate ignition maps, 4 separate Lambda target maps, 2 separate VE tables)
- Single-stage wet or dry nitrous control
- Integrated engine protection strategies
- Target Lambda table, 10x10
- Open-loop fuel pressure compensation
- O2 lean-out protection
- 2-channel adaptive knock control
- Configurable coil dwell (RPM, voltage, and load-based)
- Individual cylinder ignition trim (RPM-based)
- Individual cylinder fuel trim (RPM-based)
- 3D ignition trim maps (coolant and air temp)
- Real-time sensor diagnostics
- Ignition table, 20x20
- VE airflow table, map vs. engine speed, 20x20
- User adjustable-charge temperature blend (CLT/AIT, engine speed-dependent)
- Idle control (stepper and pulsewidth)
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for AEM Electronics to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on Painless Wiring to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about the King Bee Headlight and a few conduit options available at Speedway Motors.
Pat shows off how easy wiring your LS can be with our LS wiring kit.