1984-91 GM 700R4 Performance Torque Converter, 2400-2800 Stall
- This product is discontinued.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional business days for Speedway Motors to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- This item 109613 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
Races are won or lost at the starting line, so make sure you come out ahead with a High Performance 700R4 Torque Converter. Whether you are looking for a street, strip, racing, or just plain heavy duty converter, these units will deliver lasting performance in your GM 700-R4 Automatic Overdrive (30 spline). With features like welded internals, oversized bearings, and hardened hubs, you can rest assured that these torque converters are of the highest quality possible.
- 2400-2800 stall - 12" diameter
- 1984-91 GM 700R-4 - 30 spline
All stall ranges will vary depending on the engine setup, vehicle weight, and gear ratios.
12" diameter high stall converters are designed for S/B or B/B cars with performance camshafts and high ratio rear end gears (3.55-3.73 minimum).
Made in the U.S.A.
To learn about how torque converters work and what to consider when purchasing one, check out our tech article. Choosing the Right Torque Converter.
Item DetailsMildly modified S/B or B/B cars with 300-400 ft lbs of torque weighing 3100-3600 lbs. Cam adv. lift of .500" with 3.55-3.73 gears
- All advertised stall ranges will vary depending on your engine's setup and the weight of your vehicle. If your car is heavier than the recommendation, the stall speed will be higher. If the car is lighter, stall speed will be at a lower RPM.
- Converter #109613 has 11" bolt circle and has the welded on boss to accept the standard 3/8 x 16 converter to flexplate bolts.
Garage Sale Clearance!
- Hardened Hub
- Increased durability through the allowance of tighter tolerances and clean fit with transmission seals
- Welded Impeller
- Stronger pump fins to maintain stall speed over the life of the converter
- Heavy-Duty Stators
- Heat treated fins, sprag and race designed to efficiently handle high power loads
- Stator fins are formed, not cut - cut stators can cause severe slippage
- Rapidly dissipates heat - more power to the wheels
- Welded Turbines
- Pre-stressed before welding - more rigid construction
- Heat treated splines
- Aluminum Spacers
- Incorporates aircraft quality aluminum spacers which handle higher loads than fiber spacers found in standard converters
- Oversized Bearings
- High strength stamped bearings absorb shock and extreme abuse better than standard waffle bearings
- High Tech Welds
- Positive-charged, military grade MIG welds for complete fusion of the metal
More Like This
Powerglide Direct Drive Coupler Converter, 12 Inch Diameter, 18 lbs.
Powerglide Direct Drive Coupler Converter, 9-3/4 Inch Diameter, 12 lbs
TCI Automotive 741115 Powerglide Circle Track Torque Converter-11 Inch
TCI Automotive 741050 Dummy Powerglide Converter/Coupler, 10 Inch
TCI Automotive 741025 Powerglide Circle Track Torque Converter-10 Inch
TCI 741026 Fastlap Powerglide Circle Track 10 Inch Torque Converter
Performance Automatic 574602 TH350 Torque Converter, 2000-2200 Stall
Performance Automatic 574606 TH350 Torque Converter, 2400-2800 Stall
Performance Automatic 574601 TH350 Torque Converter, 2800-3200 Stall
Performance Automatic 574603 TH350 Torque Converter, 3200-3500 Stall
Q & A
Eagle Motorsports, Inc. put together a how-to video on installing their Stallard SST Shifter Assembly.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks reached out to Lokar, Inc. to help get the Week to Wicked ’52 Chevy truck build in gear.
Follow Tim as he swaps tail housings and covers on a T-5 transmission
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Learn how to install our new Muscle Car Shifters from Lokar.