1978-Up GM Metric Brake Calipers, IMCA Approved
78-87 Regal, 78-88 Monte Carlo, 75-78 Nova, 78-81 Cutlass, 85-87 Cutlass, 78-87 Grand Prix
- These stock replacement Metric calipers were standard equipment on 1978 to 1988 GM mid-size cars
- All new components means no core charge to pay and no reused questionable parts
- These calipers feature a 2.375" single piston and are a IMCA approved replacement caliper
- 7/16"-20 fluid inlet size allows for use with a variety of adapters or banjo fittings
- Standard 5-1/2" mount bolt spacing is compatible with many brake caliper brackets when using for a rear disc conversion
These stock replacement single piston Metric calipers were standard equipment on 1978-88 GM mid-size cars (Cutlass, Grand Prix, Regals, Monte Carlo, etc.). They feature a 2.375" single piston, shielded bottom inlet, and will save 3-1/2 lbs. per side compared to mid-size 1969-1977 caliper.
- IMCA approved
- No core charge required
- 7/16"-20 inlet
- 5-1/2" Mount Spacing
- Can be used with brake hoses from Pre-1978 GM intermediate cars
- Brake pads & bolts sold separately
- Utilizes GM metric style D154 brake pads
Note: Does NOT include brake pads or slider bolts and bushings.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
AFCO 6635004 GM Metric LH Caliper, 2-1/2 Inch Bore
AFCO 6635003 GM Metric RH Caliper, 2-1/2 Inch Bore
1978-88 Replacement GM Midsize Metric Calipers
78-88 GM Metric Loaded Brake Caliper Kit w/D154 Street Brake Pads
78-88 GM Metric Loaded Brake Caliper Kit w/D154 Hawk DTC-30 Pads
78-88GM Metric Loaded Brake Caliper Kit w/D154 Wilwood BP-10 Pads
78-88GM Metric Loaded Brake Caliper Kit w/D154 Wilwood PolyE Pads
78-88GM Metric Loaded Brake Caliper Kit w/D154 Super Stopper Pads
78-88 GM Metric Loaded Brake Caliper Kit w/D154 Hawk Black Pads
Wilwood 140-12097-R D154 Front Caliper Kit, 2.50 Piston/1.04 Rotor
Q & A
We get a lot of questions about brake kits so Tim gives a brief overview of disc brake setups.
Learn how to bed in or burnish your brake pads. Our quick guide and video will teach you the proper procedure to get the best performance out of your brakes.
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.