1978-88 GM Metric Chassis 9 Inch Ford Axle Bracket Kit
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Weld these brackets to your 9" Ford housing and install it in your 1978-1988 GM Metric chassis. Includes upper and lower control arm mounts, and weld-on caliper brackets for use with Metric calipers. Welding is required. Designed for 3-1/2" axle tubes, but can be fit to 3" tubes.
This kit is NOT IMCA Hobby Stock legal but is IMCA Stock Car approved.
- 1978-1981 Chevy Malibu
- 1978-1988 Chevy Monte Carlo
- 1978-1988 Chevy El Camino
- 1978-1981 Buick Century
- 1978-1987 Buick Regal
- 1978-1982 Pontiac Le Mans
- 1978-1987 Pontiac Grand Prix
- 1978-1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass
- 1978-1987 GMC Caballero
- Upper control-arm mounts are 'trim-to-fit' due to the wide variety of 9" Ford Housings.
- The lower mounts in this kit have only one shock mount position.
- Kit does not include lower coil spring perches. If needed, order (2) perches 917-20243.
- Brackets measure 3-3/8" from bottom of housing to center of control arm mounting hole
More Like This
Deluxe 1978-88 Metric Chassis 9 Inch Ford Axle Bracket Kit
IMCA 1978-88 GM Metric Chassis 9 Inch Ford Axle Bracket Kit
PEM Racing Quick Change Rear End, Top Mount Kit
PEM Racing HMBLSET Quick Change Rear End, Lower Mount 1 Hole
PEM Racing HMBLMULTI Quick Change Rear End, Lower Mount, 4 Hole
Speedway Four-Bar Rear Axle Brackets
Heavy Duty Rear Axle Bracket, 5 3/4 Inch
Long Rear Axle Bracket
Triangulated Rear Four-Bar Weld On Upper Tabs
Speedway Lower Rear Axle Radius Rod Mount Bracket, 5-3/4 Inch
Q & A
Pat talks about our 67-72 pickup rear end housing and some of the options we have for it.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.