1970-72 Chevelle Power Steering Conversion Kit
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Complete power steering kit for making the cruise a bit more comfortable. Includes all the items needed to add or update your existing steering system. Fits 1970-72 Chevelles
- (1) Lares Power Steering Box
- (1) Lares Power Steering Pump
- (1) SBC Crank Pulley
- (1) SBC Single Groove Water Pump Pulley
- (1) D&R Power Steering Pump Pulley
- (1) GM Style Steering Shaft Rag Joint
- (1) GM A-Body Steering Box Pitman Arm
- (1) Power Steering Pump Brackets
- (1) Power Steering Pump Cap/Dipstick
- (1) Gates Power Steering Hose
- (1) Gates Power Steering Return Hose
- (1) GM Power Steering Pump Pulley Nut
- (1) Power Steering Pump and Bracket Hardware Kit
Power Steering Box
No core required. Rebuilt by professional rebuilders. This model is perfect for the street/road course/road race for tight turn applications.
- Power Steering Gears are thoroughly cleaned and exterior surfaces reconditioned for like-new look
- Each component is carefully inspected and replaced if not to OE tolerances
- All seals and O-rings are replaced with OE equivalent parts
- Each unit is tested to insure OE performance
- Port Size #1: 5/8 Inch
- Port Size #2: 11/16 Inch
- Turn Lock to Lock: 3.25
Power Steering Pump
OE Style correct power steering pumps completely reconditioned to like new condition. Pumps have correct fittings, correct bolt hole locations, pulley retaining nut, and correct reservoir to bolt right in place just like the originals. Fits Small Block Chevelles Camaro, Nova. No core charges.
- Reconditioned power steering pump
- OE Style
- Camaros & Classics part number PS2820
- 69 small block, 70-74 Camaro
- 70-73 Chevelle
- 69-74 Nova V8
- 73-74 C10,C20
- 71-74 Monte Carlo
- 70-74 Impala
SBC Crank Pulley
Faithfull stamped steel reproductions with correct part number and code die stamped as originals. Indispesable when adding air conditioning to long water pump motors, including vintage air and other aftermarket a/c kits that do not include needed pulleys. Fits Small Block applications.
- Crank pulley
- Stamped steel
- Fits small block applications
- Fits 1969-79 Nova
- Camaros & Classics part number PL2122
SBC Water Pump Pulley
This single groove crank pulley for Small Block Chevys will replace your lost or damaged pulley.
- Replace lost or damaged original pulleys
- Black EDP finish
- Small Block Chevy
- Long Pump
Power Steering Pump Pulley
A reproduction single groove power steering pump pulley for 67-74 Camaro, 64-72 Nova & Chevelle w/o AC. Uses a single 3/8 wide belt. Measures 5.75 o.d. For use on non AC applications. Includes small blocks, and 396/375 H.P.
- Reproduction single groove power steering pulley
- Fits 1967-74 Camaro/64-72 Chevelle and Nova
- For applications without air conditioning
GM Style Steering Shaft Rag Joint
Whether you are rebuilding, repairing or updating your GM car, the steering rag joint is a must do. Attaches with two studs to original steering column plate. Splines fit steering box.
Spline Size Chart (Link)
GM Steering Box Pitman Arm
Fits the following "4-bolt top" applications:
- Sweet and 800 Series GM box
- Big Spline" GM power 700 series Saginaw box
- Big Spline" GM power 600 series Delphi box
- 1968-72 Chevy Chevelle, El Camino, Malibu, & Monte Carlo
- 1968-72 Buick Century, Luxus, Regal, Skylark, & Special (rwd)
- 1966-72 Oldsmobile Cutlass, F85, Vista Cruiser, 4-4-2, & Calais (rwd)
- 1964-72 Pontiac GTO, Lemans, Grand Am, Grand Lemans, Tempest, & T37
- This pitman arm is ONLY correct for the '68-'72 mid size GM vehicles. It will NOT work with the earlier '64-'67 drag link (center link) nor will it work with the '73-'77 drag link (center link). The '78 and up center links have the correct diameter stud but require a different length pitman arm for correct steering geometry.
- This arm offsets or extends out towards the small tappered side of the large hole.
Fits common "4-bolt" top Sweet, 800 Series GM, "Big Spline" 700 Series Saginaw, and "Big Spline" 600 Series Delphi boxes. This pitman arm is ONLY correct for the '68-'72 midsize GM vehicles.
Power Steering Pump Brackets
Correct reproduction power steering pump bracket kit. Includes 3 brackets For use with small block applications. Officially Licensed GM Restoration Parts from Classic Headquarters.
- Power steering bracket set
- 3 piece set
- For Small Block
- For 1969-72 Camaro, Nova, Chevelle/El Camino
What's In The Kit
Single Groove Water Pump Pulley Small Block Chevy Long PumpPart # 91039604Qty x 1
Replacement Power Steering Cap/Dipstick, 1967-92 PumpsPart # 92614659Qty x 1
Reproduction GM Power Steering Pump Pulley NutPart # 92612760Qty x 1
Power Steering Pump and Bracket Hardware, 1969 Camaro Small BlockPart # 92612740Qty x 1
Lares 970 Reproduction Power Steering BoxPart # 92633598Qty x 1
Speedway 1968-72 GM A-Body Midsize Steering Box Pitman ArmPart # 91032560Qty x 1
Classic Headquarters W-036 Crank Pulley, 1969-79 S/B Chevy, 3-GroovePart # 92610834Qty x 1
Lares 2137 OEM Power Steering Pump-Small Block-Camaro/Nova/ChevellePart # 92613850Qty x 1
D&R Classic M00220 Power Steering Pump Pulley, Small Block ChevyPart # 92615325Qty x 1
Classic Headquarters W-799 Power Steering Pump Brackets, 69-72 GM S/BPart # 92611209Qty x 1
Gates 353630 1970-76 Chevy Power Steering HosePart # 395353630Qty x 1
Gates 352870 1970-74 Chevelle Power Steering Pressure Return HosePart # 395352870Qty x 1
Speedway GM Style 3/4-30 Spline Steering Shaft Rag JointPart # 91032410Qty x 1
More Like This
Q & A
Today we are installing original style pump, pulleys, brackets, and hoses! Watch as Joe and Zach improve the ratio and make driving the Chevelle easier.
Learn about Mustang II Power steering and the components that are necessary for success.
Follow along as power steering is added to Speedway's Project Chevelle. This article showcases exactly what is involved in adding power steering in a car that came with manual steering.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer request for our thoughts on an axle kit for his project.
How to install an electronic power steering unit in a micro sprint and the benefits of using power steering. This article includes which parts to use to complete your power steering installation.
Speedway Motors employee Jess M. talks about taking on the task of setting the toe on her '33 5 window coupe.
Project Chevelle upgrades the 4 drum brakes single master cylinder that was an unfortunate set of boxes checked on this Chevelle’s order sheet.