Unisteer 8010540-01 1967-74 GM Power Rack & Pinion Kit
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This rack & pinion conversion kit from Unisteer will give your Nova the ease of steering and road feel modern cars have. Each kit is engineered to bolt in without sacrificing steering geometry or safety.
The mounting bracket attaches to the bottom two control arm bolts on the rear of the crossmember. To install, simply remove the existing bolts and replace with the provided longer bolts, bolting the rack up into position. Then unbolt the stock steering arms and replace them with the new steering arms provided and attach the provided outer tie-rod ends, and that is it.
- Matches stock steering geometry - little to no bump steer
- Complete bolt on kit - no welding or chassis modification required
- Works with both big block and small block engines
- Kit comes standard in black powder coat
- Works with factory steering pump (new lines required, see Notes)
Power racks use the 17mm DD spline. Will work with both B/B and S/B engines.
- 1967-69 Camaro
- 1968-74 Nova X-Body
- If using the stock steering column, you need to purchase the adaptor P# 910-80282. Unbolt rag joint at the end of stock column and use two provided bolts to bolt Column Flange Adaptor to the bottom of the column. This adaptor provides a spline size 48 count spline to which a U-joint can easily be attached.
- If using an aftermarket steering column, there is enough room to run a section of shaft and two u-joints, or if necessary, three u-joints with a support bearing, depending on the headers (parts not included).
- In regards to the pump, the factory power steering pump will work but will require new lines. If you do not have a pump, we recommend using a pump that was intended for use on a car with a rack and pinion, thus avoiding super sensitive steering. This kind of pump should be a low flow and low pressure pump.
- This kit will also work on 1968-74 Oldsmobile Omega, Buick Apollo, and Pontiac Ventura if they have a Chevy Small Block engine.
- Will NOT work with aftermarket dropped spindles due to steering arm position.
- Kit Includes
- Power rack and pinion attached to the mounting bracket
- Mounting hardware
- New steering arms and outer tie-rod ends
- AN 6 banjo fittings for the rack
- Installation instruction manual
- Includes banjo fitting kit to AN6 but does not include the lines
- Banjo fittings included are unique to the rack and must be used for AN# 6 inlet/outlet hose connections
- Rack Specs
- Length: 44"
- Turns Lock-to-Lock: 2.5
- Travel: 5"
- Thread: 14mm x 1.5
- Spline: 17mm-DD
More Like This
Unisteer 8000770-01 1967-74 GM Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
Unisteer 8010400-01 1955-57 Chevy Power Rack & Pinion
Rebuilt T-Bird Power Steering Rack & Pinion for Mustang II Crossmembers
Sweet Mfg. 005-92343-235 Power Rack and Pinion, 3-3/4 Inch, .235 Servo
Unisteer 8010740-01 68-72 Chevelle BBC Power Rack & Pinion Kit w/Pump
Unisteer 8001090-01 68-70 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
Unisteer 8001110-01 64-66 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
Unisteer 8001120-01 1967 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
Q & A
Nice graphic courtesy of Bills Hot Rod Company about which of thier Power Steering brackets will work with which water pumps, on both small block and big block Chevy engines.