Unisteer 8000770-01 1967-74 GM Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This rack & pinion conversion kit will finally give your classic 1967-69 Camaro or Firebird the ease of steering and road feel modern cars have. Each kit is engineered to bolt in without sacrificing steering geometry or safety. This rack is specifically designed and built for the Camaro so that it matches the factory steering geometry. The result is very little bump steer!
The rack comes mounted on the brackets which makes installation a breeze. The unit mounts to the rear of the cross member, bolting to the lower stock control arm bolts. The outer tie rod ends are bolted to the stock steering arms. No fabrication required!
Small, compact, offers maximum ground clearance, and can drop up to 65 lbs. off the stock front end.
- Manual Rack & Pinion
- Mounting Bracket
- Outer Tie Rods
- Installation Instruction Sheet
- 1967-69 Camaro/Firebird
- 1968-74 Nova X-Body
Item Details1967-69 Camaro/Firebird
- This kit will also work on 1968-74 Oldsmobile Omega, Buick Apollo, and Pontiac Ventura if they have a Chevy Small Block engine.
- Will NOT work with aftermarket dropped spindles due to steering arm position.
- Will NOT work with Firebird with Pontiac motor, only Firebird with small or big block Chevy.
More Like This
Unisteer 8010540-01 1967-74 GM Power Rack & Pinion Kit
Unisteer 8001120-01 1967 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
Unisteer 8001090-01 68-70 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
Unisteer 8001110-01 64-66 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion Conversion Kit
Unisteer 1928-34 Ford Cross-Steer Rack and Pinion, RH Drive
Mustang II Manual Rack and Pinion - SAE Internal Threads
Unisteer 8010740-01 68-72 Chevelle BBC Power Rack & Pinion Kit w/Pump
Unisteer 8010400-01 1955-57 Chevy Power Rack & Pinion
Unisteer Cross Steer Rack & Pinion for 1935-40 Ford
Q & A
Nice graphic courtesy of Bills Hot Rod Company about which of thier Power Steering brackets will work with which water pumps, on both small block and big block Chevy engines.