1969-1987 Small Block Chevy Shorty Headers, Manual Trans, AHC
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
These S/B Chevy headers are a shorty design that give maximum ground clearance and work with floor-shift manual transmissions only. Features 1-5/8" primary tubes and 3" collectors. Built with surface machined thick steel flanges for a great seal and mandrel bent mild steel tubing.
Available with metallic ceramic coating. Unlike paint or chrome, metallic ceramic coating is easy to keep clean, resists rust and corrosion and will not discolor. Metallic ceramic coating also reduces underhood temperatures.
Headers come with installation hardware, collector reducers, gaskets and instructions.
- 1967-81 Camaro/fFirebird
- 1968-87 Chevelle, Malibu and El Camino
- Must use non-shell style motor mounts
- Manual Transmissions Only
Header Dimensions Chart (JPEG)
- Fits D-Port cylinder heads including ZZ4 crate engine
- Will not fit with Saginaw Close Ratio 825 Steering Box
- Does not fit 67-69 Camaro with A/C
- Will fit most angle plug heads including factory Chevrolet “Bow-Tie” heads
- Requires removal or modification of locking steering columns if equipped
- Installation requires left side A/C bracket; 1979-Later vehicles with short compressors can use the stock bracket
- Must use non-shell type motor mounts
Armor Hot Coating (AHC) is a heat resistant, ceramic coating applied to the outside of the header. This coating will reflect heat, which helps retain more heat within the header tube while simultaneously speeding up the exhaust flow. Not only will this coating help you make more horsepower, it also keeps your headers rust-free, looking great, and lasting longer (when properly maintained). If you are looking for a show-quality finish for your headers, this is it! Our AHC will withstand exhaust temperatures of up to 1300®® F.
AHC Warning: AHC coatings will burn and be damaged at exhaust temperatures over 1300 degrees. A lean fuel mixture can generate exhaust temperatures exceeding 1700-1900 degrees. If the coating is damaged due to a lean condition, the coating will not be warranted, but can be recoated for a fee.
Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled vehicles
More Like This
1969-87 GM A/F/G Body SBC Shorty Headers, Manual TRans, Raw
Small Block Chevy Clipster Headers, Raw Finish
Small Block Chevy Clipster Headers, AHC Coated
Small Block Chevy Header Kit, 1-5/8 Standard Port, 3 Collector
1965-1989 Small Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, AHC Coated
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, AHC Coated
1964-73 Mustang Long Tube Headers, AHC Coated
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, Stainless Steel
Speedway Ford Flathead V8 Center Dump Headers, AHC
Small Block Chevy Universal Street Rod Headers, AHC Coated
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Our Tru-Ram Exhaust Manifolds are one of our most popular items. Tim provides more details about them and gives you a great look at them.
Tim gives a little bit of history on the Ford Y Block and shows some of the parts we have to offer.