1965-1991 GM 525 Manual Steering Box w/ 3/4-30 Input Spline
Universal Fit, Manual Steering Box Type, Front Steer Steering Box Orientation, Steel, Painted
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This Saginaw manual steering box fits many GM applications from 1965-1991 and probably many more. It accepts either our universal pitman arm (702-2940) or your stock GM arm (small style, like our 910-32552). Box has a 25:1 ratio (6.25 turns lock-to-lock) with a 3-13/16" long input shaft with 3/4" 30-splines.
- Input shaft is 3/4"-30 spline
- 6.25 turns lock to lock
- 25:1 ratio
- If you turn the input clockwise, the output also turns clockwise.
- Stock specifications on this gear refer to it as 6 rounds lock to lock for a 24:1 ratio.
- 36 Spline
- 1.058 Diameter Top of Splines
- 1.100 Diameter Middle of Splines
- 1.124 Diameter Bottom of Splines
Note: Steering box is not adjusted at the facotry and therefore, it is necessary that the steering box be adjusted upon installation per the instructions as provided on the PDF instruction sheet.
- This box can fit a lot of GM cars, plus it can work in a variety of street rod applications. When mounted behind the axle with the pitman arm forward, it steers like a Vega box. In many GM cars, it is mounted in front of the front suspension, with the pitman arm to the rear. Works well on vehicles weighing over 2500 lbs.
NotesTop mount hole center to front of box=1.88", lower front mount hole center to front of box=2.50", lower rear mount hole center to front of box=5.38", lower mount hole to hole center=2.81".
More Like This
Maval Manufacturing 8030000 GM 525 Manual Steering Box
Speedway Vega Cross Steering Gear Box
Speedway Reversed Corvair Parallel Steering Gear Box
Speedway Vega Style Steering Box Combo, All New Assembly
Speedway Chrome Vega Cross Steering Box
Steer Clear Steering Box Drop, Brushed Finish
Steer Clear Steering Box Drop, Polished Finish
Speedway Vega Power Cross Steering Gear Box Combo
Classic Performance VEGA-PSB Vega Power Steering Box
Flaming River FR1500 Vega Steering Box
Q & A
Tim shows you how to adjust our Speedway Vega Steering box.
Tim talks about power & manual steering vega boxes.
We get a lot of questions about steering parts. Steve talks about some of the steering basics.
Today we are installing original style pump, pulleys, brackets, and hoses! Watch as Joe and Zach improve the ratio and make driving the Chevelle easier.