1964-1966 Mustang Brake Booster Mounting Bracket Kit for 91031409
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
It is designed to convert a manual brake / manual transmission Mustang to power brakes. It is NOT an OEM replacement bracket. It accepts our 7” booster and 1” master cylinder combo number 91031409. The booster mount pattern is 3-3/8” center to center both vertically and horizontally in a 4 bolt square pattern.
- Designed to convert a manual brake Mustang to power brakes
- Applicable to a manual transmission Mustang only
- Will (not) work with an automatic transmission equipped Mustang
- Accepts our 7” booster and 1” master cylinder combo: number 91031409
- Mount pattern: 3-3/8” center to center
- 4 bolt square pattern
This bracket will NOT work with the stock suspension towers and WILL require the change to a Mustang II style suspension or similar set up. It will also require the modification to the booster which includes shortening of the push rod, removal of the rubber boot, shortening of the plastic retainer sleeve and reinstallation of the boot.
More Like This
Q & A
Anytime you purchase a new master cylinder, it's important to remove all the air before installing it. Here is a very helpful video tutorial that will show you how to bench bleed a new master cylinder.
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
Tim talks about brake booster adjustment.
We get a lot of questions about brake kits so Tim gives a brief overview of disc brake setups.
Tim demonstrates the brake assembly with a Wide 5 drum brake and Speedway's new self-energizing backing plate.