1958-64 Chevy Full-size Car Brake Booster Combo, Disc/Disc, Drum/Drum
Bel Air, Biscayne, Del Ray, Impala, Brookwood, Sedan Delivery, Kingswood, Parkwood
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This is garage sale priced because we are liquidating inventory.
When you put modern disc brakes on your 1958-1964 Chevy full-size car (Bel-Air, Biscayne, Impala, 150 Series, 210 Series), you should update the master cylinder as well. Stock 4-wheel drum master cylinders do not have the capacity to supply the proper amount of pressure for disc brakes. For best results, we recommend using this simple, bolt-on master cylinder booster kit on all 4-wheel disc brake conversions or as a power brake upgrade for 4-wheel drum brake applications.
- 8" dual diaphragm booster
- 1" bore master cylinder
- Adjustable proportioning valve for rear brake line
- Master cylinder has outlets on both sides for ease of plumbing
- 1/2"-20 and 9/16"-18 outlets
Learn more about selecting the proper master cylinder for your vehicle by reading our tech article. Brake System Selection.
- Will not fit cars equipped with the original generator-mounted power steering pump.
- Front drum-to-disc brake conversions also require a proportioning valve to be installed in the rear brake line circuit. The proportioning valve modulates pressure to the rear brakes which is necessary to prevent the rear brakes from locking up in an emergency stop situation. This kit incudes an adjustable proportioning valve to allow for a proper installation of front disc brakes.
More Like This
1955-57 Chevy Car Brake Booster Combo, Disc/Drum
1958-64 Chevy Full-size Car Brake Booster Combo, Disc/Drum
58-70 Fullsize Chevy Brake Booster Kit, 1-1/8 In Bore, Stainless
58-70 Fullsize Chevy Brake Booster Kit, 1-1/8 In Bore, Black
58-70 Fullsize Chevy Brake Booster Conversion Kit, 1 In Bore, SS
58-70 Fullsize Chevy Brake Booster Conversion Kit, 1 In Bore, Blk
58-70 Fullsize Chevy Brake Booster Conversion Kit, 1 In Bore, Zinc
58-70 Fullsize Chevy Brake Booster Kit, 1-1/8 In Bore, Zinc
Single Diaphragm Chrome Booster Master Cylinder Combo
Dual 7 Inch Brake Booster Master Cylinder Combo, 1 Inch Bore
Q & A
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!
Tim demonstrates the brake assembly with a Wide 5 drum brake and Speedway's new self-energizing backing plate.
Tim explains the process of adjusting Buick Finned Drums to fit Speedway's self-energizing backing plate assembly.
Project Chevelle upgrades the 4 drum brakes single master cylinder that was an unfortunate set of boxes checked on this Chevelle’s order sheet.
Heath finally gets the opportunity to work on rear disc brakes. He explains some things that went great during this project, and not so great. Find out what the advantages and disadvantages are of running disc brakes.
Grant Kroft’s 1929 Ford Model A shows us that if you are passionate enough about something, nothing can stop you from achieving your goal. Read the story behind this hot rodder!
Plumbing a fluid system can sometimes be frustrating. Steve couldn't find one to fit his Laguna until he came across this stainless steel braided brake hose. Read his step by step instructions for installing this brake hose.