1949-53 Ford Flathead Main Bearings
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Speedway Motors has all the parts you need to rebuild your Flathead Ford V8, including these high quality main bearings. Precision built to the high standards demanded by today's rodders and restorers, these silicon bi-metal bearings are available in standard size, .010", .020", or .030" undersize.
- Improves Crankshaft Finish: Silicon particles reduce/eliminate microscopic ferrite peaks on improperly ground/polished nodular cast iron crankshafts.
- Wear Resistance: During engine operation, silicon particles round off crank journal high spots, reducing friction and related wear.
- Improved oil clearance: Because of reduced wear, silicon bearings make it possible to maintain OE clearances over the life of the engine, which reduces operating noise, vibration, and excess oil flow.
- Tolerance Control: All shells matched to ± .0001" vs. the competitions' ± .00025"
- Temperature Threshold: Silicon bimetal material melts/flakes at 662° F vs. tri-metal at 365° F.
- Corrosion Resistance: Defends against corrosion caused by unleaded fuels and moisture.
- Environmentally Friendly: All KING silicon bimetal engine bearings are "Lead Free".
- O.E. preferred material: Most O.E. engines today use and enjoy the benefits of silicon bimetal bearings.
Q & A
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Tim shows off our aluminum cylinder heads for 348-409 Chevys.