1949-53 Ford Flathead Main Bearings
.030" Bearing Undersize
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Speedway Motors has all the parts you need to rebuild your Flathead Ford V8, including these high quality main bearings. Precision built to the high standards demanded by today's rodders and restorers, these silicon bi-metal bearings are available in standard size, .010", .020", or .030" undersize.
- Improves Crankshaft Finish: Silicon particles reduce/eliminate microscopic ferrite peaks on improperly ground/polished nodular cast iron crankshafts.
- Wear Resistance: During engine operation, silicon particles round off crank journal high spots, reducing friction and related wear.
- Improved oil clearance: Because of reduced wear, silicon bearings make it possible to maintain OE clearances over the life of the engine, which reduces operating noise, vibration, and excess oil flow.
- Tolerance Control: All shells matched to ± .0001" vs. the competitions' ± .00025"
- Temperature Threshold: Silicon bimetal material melts/flakes at 662° F vs. tri-metal at 365° F.
- Corrosion Resistance: Defends against corrosion caused by unleaded fuels and moisture.
- Environmentally Friendly: All KING silicon bimetal engine bearings are "Lead Free".
- O.E. preferred material: Most O.E. engines today use and enjoy the benefits of silicon bimetal bearings.
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
Speedway Motors Product Manager Jeff K. talks about how to really make your engine bay stand out from the crowd with just a little patience, and some Speedway products.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.