1949-53 Ford Flathead Insert Rod Bearings
2.138" Rod Journal Diameter, Not Narrowed Bearing
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Speedway Motors has all the parts you need to rebuild your Flathead Ford V8, including these high quality aluminum bi-metal rod bearings. Precision built to the high standards demanded by today's rodders and restorers, these insert-style bearings are available in standard size, .010", .020", or .030" undersize.
- Tolerance Control: ± .0001" vs. the competitions' ± .00025"
- Superior Embedability: Material is much thicker than Babbitt overlays (.012" vs. .0008"). This provides greater macro-particle (> .0004" diameter) embedability. Macro particles are most responsible for scratching crank journals & tearing/weakening babbitt overlays.
- Temperature Threshold: Bi-metal withstands 662° F (350° C) compared to tri-metal 365° F (185° C). Affords greater protection against localized overheating due to misalignment, detonation, overloading, loss of coolant, etc.
- Conformability: Minimum depth of .012" enables greater adjustment to bore or journal misalignment without causing bearing failure or journal damage.
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
Speedway Motors Product Manager Jeff K. talks about how to really make your engine bay stand out from the crowd with just a little patience, and some Speedway products.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.