1949-53 Ford Flathead Insert Rod Bearings
2.138" Rod Journal Diameter, Not Narrowed Bearing
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Speedway Motors has all the parts you need to rebuild your Flathead Ford V8, including these high quality aluminum bi-metal rod bearings. Precision built to the high standards demanded by today's rodders and restorers, these insert-style bearings are available in standard size, .010", .020", or .030" undersize.
- Tolerance Control: ± .0001" vs. the competitions' ± .00025"
- Superior Embedability: Material is much thicker than Babbitt overlays (.012" vs. .0008"). This provides greater macro-particle (> .0004" diameter) embedability. Macro particles are most responsible for scratching crank journals & tearing/weakening babbitt overlays.
- Temperature Threshold: Bi-metal withstands 662° F (350° C) compared to tri-metal 365° F (185° C). Affords greater protection against localized overheating due to misalignment, detonation, overloading, loss of coolant, etc.
- Conformability: Minimum depth of .012" enables greater adjustment to bore or journal misalignment without causing bearing failure or journal damage.
More Like This
1939-48 Ford Flathead Engine Rod Bearings, 2.138 Inch Journal Floating Type
1938-42 Ford Flathead Engine Rod Bearings, 2 Inch Journal Floating Type
Garage Sale - 1938-42 Flathead Ford Stroker 2 In. Journal Floating Rod Bearings .030
Garage Sale - 1938-42 Flathead Ford Stroker 2 In. Journal Floating Rod Bearings .020