1949-53 Flathead Car Water Pump with Double Narrow Belts
Mechanical Water Pump Type, Short Water Pump Style, Cast-Iron Housing Material, Painted, Black
- These water pumps fit the 1949-53 Ford, 3/8" narrow belt, two-belt systems
- The passenger side pulley is offset 3-9/16"
- The driver side pulley is offset 2-3/4"
- With ceramic seals on a sturdy 3/4" shaft, and high-flow modular impellers to reduce cavitation, these water pumps are built to last
- Gaskets are included, and the passenger side pump includes a threaded boss for a heater hose connection
Original Flathead water pumps have always suffered from unreliable bronze bushings and carbon seals. They almost always leaked and even Ford manuals warned mechanics not to tighten fan belts too tight. The excess slack allowed belts to slip and lose contact with the generator and water pump pulleys, causing more cooling and power problems.
Speedway's completely new water pumps feature severe-duty roller and ball bearings, close tolerances and modular impellers to provide maximum flow and reduce cavitation. They also have modern ceramic seals on a heavy duty 3/4" shaft, making the assembly exceptionally strong and more efficient.
- For 1949-53 Ford, narrow belt, two-belt system
- Passenger side pulley offset 3-9/16"
- Driver side pulley offset 2-3/4"
- Ceramic seals on sturdy 3/4" shaft
- High-flow modular impeller reduces cavitation
- Gasket included
- Passenger side pump includes threaded boss for heater hose connection
- Driver side pump does not have heater hose connection
Fits 1949-1953 Ford cars and 1952-1953 Mercurys with 3/8" belt system. Also fits 1953 F-100 Pickups.
- Passenger-side pump measures 3-9/16" from mounting surface to back of pulley
- Driver-side pump measures 2-3/4" from mounting surface to back of pulley
- Pulleys are non-serviceable
WarrantiesPlease note that any attempt to pull or press the pulley will void our warranty.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
1949-53 Ford Flathead V8 Engine Water Pump w/ Wide Belt
1949-53 Flathead Car Water Pump with Wide Belt
1949-53 Flathead Polished Aluminum Water Pumps
1949-1953 Flathead Ford/Mercury Water Pump Kit, D & P Side
1949-53 Flathead Car Water Pumps, Double Narrow Belts, Pair
1937-1948 Flathead Water Pump Kit, Driver & Passenger Side
1937-48 Flathead Stock-Style Water Pump with Wide Belt
1937-48 Flathead Stock-Style Water Pump W/ Wide Belt, Polished
Small Block Chevy Plain Ribbed Aluminum Short Water Pump
Zips SBC Water Pump Riser Manifold Kit w/ Pump for Mechanical Fan
Q & A
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
Common small block Chevy engines were designed with two styles of water pumps. Before you purchase a new pump, it's important to determine whether you have a short or long style pump.
Check here for a few simple images to help identify your Chevy water pump.
Have a monster radiator but your engine still overheats? We'll show you what to look for beyond the cooling system for common overheating issues.
Follow this guide on how to mount a single electric puller fan in a '66 - '67 Chevelle. Learn tips on taking measurements and installing a rubber spacer to prevent the fan from rubbing.
See how to properly install a DeWitt's Direct Fit radiator in a 66-67 Chevelle. Learn the benefits of Black Ice coating on this radiator including optimal heat transfer.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to differentiate long and short water pumps.