1949-53 Flathead Car Water Pump with Double Narrow Belts
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Original Flathead water pumps have always suffered from unreliable bronze bushings and carbon seals. They almost always leaked and even Ford manuals warned mechanics not to tighten fan belts too tight. The excess slack allowed belts to slip and lose contact with the generator and water pump pulleys, causing more cooling and power problems.
Speedways completely new water pumps feature severe-duty roller and ball bearings, close tolerances and modular impellers to provide maximum flow and reduce cavitation. They also have modern ceramic seals on a heavy duty 3/4" shaft, making the assembly exceptionally strong and more efficient.
- Ceramic seals on sturdy 3/4" shaft
- High-flow modular impeller reduces cavitation
- Gasket included
- Passenger side pump includes threaded boss for heater hose connection
- Driver side pump does not have heater hose connection
Fits 1949-1953 Ford cars and 1952-1953 Mercurys with 3/8" belt system. Also fits 1953 F-100 Pickups.
Item DetailsGaskets Included
- Passenger-side pump measures 3-9/16" from mounting surface to back of pulley
- Driver-side pump measures 2-3/4" from mounting surface to back of pulley
- Pulleys are non-serviceable
WarrantiesPlease note that any attempt to pull or press the pulley will void our warranty.
More Like This
1948-52 Flathead Car/Pickup Water Pump with Wide Belt
1949-53 Flathead Car Water Pump with Wide Belt
Tuff Stuff 1538N 2.3L Ford Water Pump
Stewart Components 12103 Small Block Chevy Stage 1 Water Pump, Short
1937-48 Flathead Stock-Style Water Pump with Wide Belt
Small Block Ford 289-351W Water Pump, RH Inlet
Speedway Small Block Chevy Short Steel Water Pump
King Chrome Short Water Pump for 1955-1968 Small Block Chevy
King Chrome B/B Chevy 1965-68 Short Water Pump
Stewart Components 13113 Small Block Chevy Stage 1 Water Pump, Long