1947-59 Chevy Truck Power Steering Conversion Kit
- Includes: Pitman arm, Drag link, Collapsible steering shaft and hardware, Steering arm,
- Welding required
- Make use of common '69-'87 2WD Chevy trucks PS box
- For steering boxes with 13/16" - 36 Spline
This kit lets you install your 1969-87 Chevy 2WD power steering box with a 13/16"-36 spline input shaft into your 1947-59 Chevy pickup. Included are the pitman arm, steering arm, drag link, collapsible steering shaft and hardware. Welding required.
These kits come with spacers and mounting tabs that are welded to the frame of the pickup to mount the steering box. The original steering column will require alteration and must be welded to the collapsible shaft included in the kit.
Installation Guide (PDF)
910-32132 (1947-1959 kit)
- This kit comes with a 13-16"-36 U-joint to fit the steering box. It connects to a 3/4" DD shaft which would connect to an aftermarket column or a "modified" stock column for this truck. The kit includes a special shortened reversed pitman arm, a special upper arm, a new drag link, plus the aforementioned U-joint and DD shaft.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Today we are installing original style pump, pulleys, brackets, and hoses! Watch as Joe and Zach improve the ratio and make driving the Chevelle easier.
Learn how to install a front axle in your 410 sprint car as the guys on our build team keep progress moving. You won't want to miss this!
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Our new 383 engine gets installed in the '32 Roadster. We also update the steering wheel, shift knob/adapter, and wheels and tires. It's got some real 1960's flair now!
Follow along as power steering is added to Speedway's Project Chevelle. This article showcases exactly what is involved in adding power steering in a car that came with manual steering.
How to install an electronic power steering unit in a micro sprint and the benefits of using power steering. This article includes which parts to use to complete your power steering installation.
Learn how to adjust toe in and ensure your'e driving straight. Adjusting toe on a car might seem like a tricky procedure, but our toe adjustment guide can help.