1937-48 Ford Steering Arms, 3-3/4 Inch Drop
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
These forged steel steering arms will attach to all 1937-48 Ford spindles but their greater drop, 3-3/4" from spindle mount holes means they work best on 1935-48 Ford cars (with spring-over front axle). Clears most radius rods and wishbones. These steering arms accept 11/16" Ford 7 degree "tapered" tie rod ends (both the top and bottom are tapered to allow tie rods to mount above or below arm as needed). You can drill-through with a 5/8" bit to use spherical rod ends.
Use a 46" eye-to-eye tie rod link when used with a 48" wide axle with Ford spindles.
Steering Arm Ends Guide (GIF)
Cross Steering Guide (GIF)
- For use with spring-over front axles ONLY. Should NOT be used with spring-behind front axle assembly. Flat plate arms are required when using a spring-behind front axle.
- Use a 46" eye-to-eye tie rod link when used with a 48" wide axle with Ford spindles.
- 3-3/4" drop (measured from center of threaded spindle mount holes to the bottom face of the arm, as positioned in the photo)
- 3-3/8" eye-to-eye centers on mount bolt holes
More Like This
1937-48 Ford Steering Arms, 1-3/4 Inch Drop
Speedway Hoop Style Steering Arm, Ford Spindle
Hoop Style Steering Arm, Chevy Spindle
Ford Upper Steering Arm, Plain, 6-1/4 Inch, Tapered
Speedway Ford Flat Plate Steering Arms, Plain
Speedway Chevy Spindle Flat Plate Steering Arms, Plain
Ford Lower Tie Rod Steering Arms, Plain, Tapered
Ford Flat Tie Rod Steering Arms, Chrome
1964-72 Chevelle Steering Arms
Chevy Flat Plate Steering Arms, Chrome
Q & A
Dive into some of the history and unique differences between Ford and Chevy spindles for a solid front axles and what will perform best on your hot rod.