1937-1948 Ford Chrome 1-3/4 Drop/Dropped Steering Arms, 1934 Model T
Universal Fit, 1.75" Drop, 3.375" Center to Center, Steel
- These 1-3/4" drop forged steel steering arms are popular on Model T thru 1934 Fords with 4" dropped axles and 4 bar or harpin radius rod suspension
- Bolts to '37 to '48 Ford spindles and will accept 11/16" Ford tapered tie rod ends
- Taper is machined both directions to allow the tie rod ends to be assembled on either the top or bottom side of these arms
- These cross steer style arms have two tie rod connections on the right steering arm to allow attachment of both the tie rod and drag link
- Choose from Plain, Chrome plated, or Stainless Steel versions
These 1-3/4" drop forged steel steering arms are popular on Model T - 1934 Fords with 4" dropped axles and four-bar or hairpin radius rod suspensions. Will attach to '37-'48 Ford spindles and accept 11/16" Ford "tapered" tie rod ends (both the top and bottom are tapered to allow tie rods to mount above or below arm as needed). You can drill-through with a 5/8" bit to use spherical rod ends.
Use a 46" eye-to-eye tie rod link when used with a 48" wide axle with Ford spindles.
Steering Arm Ends Guide (GIF)
Cross Steering Guide (GIF)
- For use with spring-over front axles ONLY. Should NOT be used with spring-behind front axle assembly. Flat plate arms are required when using a spring-behind front axle.
- Use a 46" eye-to-eye tie rod link when used with a 48" wide axle with Ford spindles.
- 1-3/4" drop (measured from center of threaded spindle mount holes to the bottom face of the arm, as positioned in the photo)
- 3-3/8" eye-to-eye centers on mount bolt holes
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
1937-48 Ford St. Steel 1-3/4 Drop/Dropped Steering Arms, 1934 Model T
Ford Upper Steering Arm, Chrome, 7-3/4 Inch, 5/8 Hole
Ford Dog Leg Upper Steering Arm, Chrome, Tapered
Ford Dog Leg Upper Steering Arm, Chrome, 5/8 Hole
Ford Flat Tie Rod Steering Arms, Chrome
1937-48 Ford Steering Arms, 3-3/4 Inch Drop
Chevy Flat Plate Steering Arms, Chrome
Ford Upper Steering Arm, Chrome, 6-1/4 Inch, Tapered
Ford Upper Steering Arm, Chrome, 6-1/4 Inch, 5/8 Hole
Chevy Flat Upper Steering Arm, Chrome
Q & A
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Learn how to install a front axle in your 410 sprint car as the guys on our build team keep progress moving. You won't want to miss this!
Today we are installing original style pump, pulleys, brackets, and hoses! Watch as Joe and Zach improve the ratio and make driving the Chevelle easier.
Our new 383 engine gets installed in the '32 Roadster. We also update the steering wheel, shift knob/adapter, and wheels and tires. It's got some real 1960's flair now!
If you are confused as to how that new steering wheel you want is going to attach to your project's steering column then this buyer's guide should be your first visit before adding that new wheel to your shopping list.
How to install an electronic power steering unit in a micro sprint and the benefits of using power steering. This article includes which parts to use to complete your power steering installation.
Learn how to adjust toe in and ensure your'e driving straight. Adjusting toe on a car might seem like a tricky procedure, but our toe adjustment guide can help.