1937-48 Ford Steering Arms, 1-3/4 Inch Drop
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
These 1-3/4" drop forged steel steering arms are popular on Model T - 1934 Fords with 4" dropped axles and four-bar or hairpin radius rod suspensions. Will attach to '37-'48 Ford spindles and accept 11/16" Ford "tapered" tie rod ends (both the top and bottom are tapered to allow tie rods to mount above or below arm as needed). You can drill-through with a 5/8" bit to use spherical rod ends.
Use a 46" eye-to-eye tie rod link when used with a 48" wide axle with Ford spindles.
Steering Arm Ends Guide (GIF)
Cross Steering Guide (GIF)
- For use with spring-over front axles ONLY. Should NOT be used with spring-behind front axle assembly. Flat plate arms are required when using a spring-behind front axle.
- Use a 46" eye-to-eye tie rod link when used with a 48" wide axle with Ford spindles.
- 1-3/4" drop (measured from center of threaded spindle mount holes to the bottom face of the arm, as positioned in the photo)
- 3-3/8" eye-to-eye centers on mount bolt holes
More Like This
1937-48 Ford Steering Arms, 3-3/4 Inch Drop
Speedway Hoop Style Steering Arm, Ford Spindle
Speedway Ford Flat Plate Steering Arms, Plain
Speedway Chevy Spindle Flat Plate Steering Arms, Plain
Ford Lower Tie Rod Steering Arms, Plain, Tapered
Ford Flat Tie Rod Steering Arms, Chrome
1964-72 Chevelle Steering Arms
Chevy Flat Plate Steering Arms, Chrome
Ford Upper Steering Arm, Plain, 7-3/4 Inch, 5/8 Hole
Ford Upper Steering Arm, Chrome, 6-1/4 Inch, Tapered
Q & A
Nice graphic courtesy of Bills Hot Rod Company about which of thier Power Steering brackets will work with which water pumps, on both small block and big block Chevy engines.