Walker Z-491-2-FH Flathead V8 1932 Ford Radiator
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Walker Z-Series radiators feature a 4-row, high-flow copper core which is ideal for use with bored, high compression, and supercharged Flathead engines. Built for a direct fit with heavy gauge steel side brackets and mounting holes pre-stamped. Works with original, reproduction steel, or fiberglass grille shells.
- Copper core w/ 1-piece brass tanks
- Vertical tubes every 1/4" and 12 fins per inch of height
- Heavy duty 12 Ga. steel side brackets w/ pre-drilled holes
- Use a 15-18 lb. radiator cap
- Brass drain cock
- Simple bolt-in install
- Top Inlet: Left and Right (1-3/4")
- Bottom Outlet: Left and Right (1-3/4")
- Use Walker Fan Shroud Style C
- Overall top to bottom is 27” and side to side is 17 ¼”.
- Grille shell mounting tabs extend outward past this dimension. 2-3/4" thick
You may also be interested in:
1949-53 Flathead Car/Pickup Water Pump with Wide BeltMore Info
Walker WS40 Radiator Fan Shroud, Style A, 20 x 21 InchMore Info
Griffin Radiators 4-232BX-HAA Flathead V8 1932 Ford Aluminum RadiatorPrice: $772.99More Info
1932-36 Ford Stainless Radiator Support RodsMore Info
Cooling Components CCI-1740 Cooling Machine Electric Fan, Style 40More Info
Standard Transmission CoolerMore Info
B&M 70265 Super Cooler Polished Aluminum Transmission Oil CoolerMore Info
Red Line 80204 Water Wetter Coolant AdditiveMore Info
Original flathead water pumps have always suffered from unreliable bronze bushings and carbon seals. They almost always leaked and even Ford manuals warned mechanics not to tighten fan belts too tight. The excess slack allowed belts to slip and lose contact with the generator and water pump pulleys, causing more cooling and power problems.
Speedway's completely new water pumps feature severe-duty roller and ball bearings, close tolerances and modular impellers to provide maximum flow and reduce cavitation. They also have modern ceramic seals on a heavy duty 3/4" shaft, making the assembly exceptionally strong and more efficient.
Note: This water pump is for 1949-1953 engines in 1948-1952 pickups or 1932-1948 cars.
- Flathead Water Pump Features (Link)
- Designed for use with 5/8" belt drive system
- Severe-duty roller and ball bearings
- Ceramic seals on sturdy 3/4" shaft
- High-flow modular impeller reduces cavitation
- Includes gasket and a connection for the heater hose return
Maximize your radiators' effectiveness with a tight-fitting fan shroud. Use of these shrouds has produced temperature drops of up to 30 degrees!
Walker shrouds are vacuum formed from a very dense polyethylene. This high-impact, heat resistant material has a lightly textured, semigloss black finish. The cooling fan hole is not cut out so the installer can tailor that to the exact fan location and diameter.
See Application tab for application information.
Fan Shroud Size Chart (GIF)
Griffin Aluminum radiators give superior cooling over a brass/copper radiator. Features 2 rows of 1" tubes furnace brazed into the core which provides 40% greater tube-to-fin contact over a copper/brass radiator.
- Built-in HD automatic transmission oil cooler
- Hood support brackets are included
- Brackets on side for gille shell
- Brackets on top for support rods
- No "dummy" filler neck
Beautifully polished, 1932-1936 solid stainless steel support rods for radiators. Thread covers sold separately. Rods are approx. 32" long.
At one time or another we all have had a car overheat. These fan/shroud combos are just the ticket to avoid having it happen again. These 2500 CFM pull-type fans measure 2-5/8" deep at the motor, 2-3/8" at the mounting brackets and 1-1/2" at the high impact shroud.
- 24.44" wide x 19" high
- Can be easily reduced in size to 21-5/8" wide x 17-1/4" high
- 12 volt operation
- Lower engine operating temperatures
- Saves horsepower
- Better fuel mileage
- Constructed of high-impact ABS material
Note: This fan motor requires the use of a 70 amp or larger fan relay.
Fan Application Chart (GIF)
Use this 4-pass standard transmssion cooler in place of radiator lower tank cooler, or as a supplement to it.
- 5" Tall x 16-3/4" Wide x 3/4" Thick
- Includes 4 ft. rubber hose (3/8" I.D.), 4 stainless hose clamps and nylon mounting kit
The last thing you need in the middle of a race or a road trip is to have a transmission or engine go south because your oil cooler can't keep up. B&M's SuperCooler oil coolers will keep your transmission or engine cool and running in your time of need. They're made of lightweight aluminum, with an efficient "stacked plate" design. Multiple cooling paths give them the cooling capacity of larger fan-and-tube coolers. And, because they have a low pressure-drop design, there is less oiling-system restriction.
100% brazed construction provides superior strength and minimum overall size. Stacked fin and plate design is 33% more efficient than the same size tube-and-fin cooler.
Measures 4-1/2" x 11" x 1-1/2" thick with female 1/2 NPT ports. Cooler efficiency rating of 7,500 BTU.
Red Line Water Wetter Super Coolant additive is a unique wetting agent which reduces coolant temperatures by as much as 20° F. This is a liquid coolant treatment product which is designed to be added to solutions of antifreeze and water to help improve the heat transfer properties of glycol-based antifreeze. This liquid product can be used to provide rust and corrosion protection in plain water for racing engines, which provides much better heat transfer properties than glycol-based antifreeze. Improves the ability of coolant to wet heat transfer surfaces by 50%.
- Reduces or eliminates bubbles that form on hot metal surfaces to reduce coolant temperatures by up to 20°
- Superior heat transfer properties compared to glycol-based antifreeze
- Compatible with new or used antifreeze (including DEX-COOL and long-life versions) to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems
- Improves heat transfer and reduces cylinder head temperature
- Designed for use with all modern aluminum, cast iron, copper, brass and bronze cooling systems
- Cleans and lubricates water pump seals
- Reduces cavitation and complexes with hard water to reduce scaling
- Does not lower cooling system below the thermostatically-controlled temperature
- 12 fl. oz. bottle treats 12-20 quarts
Water Wetter Tech Info (PDF)
Learn more about how cooling systems work with proper coolant mixture and additives by reading our tech article. Cooling System Principles.